In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GB national meeting??

TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Is it possible??
From tonights postings we see GB memebrs from the North and South hooking up fo a dinner, visits, gunshows etc...
Is it possible we could pick a location and have a GB national meeting/party?? (never think small)
Is there any interest in this sort of gathering?
We all have our opinions/viewpoints...rant/rave/vent etc...
But I think it would be great if those intrested could hook up someday...
Could our combined voices someday make a difference??
If not...we could at least put faces to names and have a good time...

Just a thought..
Twodogs...

"Always drink upstream from the herd"
Will Rogers

Comments

• tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    QB & I think that would be a great idea. Where & When??

Tideman & QB (from TEXAS)

"Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Swwbo and I would be up to the task with enough advance planning for vacation time if far away.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I personally think that Gunbroker could be bigger than the NRA! I think what you have suggested has been on many people's minds already, i know it has run through my mind once or twice! I think we should make the national headquarters right here in our hometown Twodogs! You and Outdoortexas could squabble over who gets to be vice president, QB would be the president, me and Tideman could be Sentinels or something along the lines of gopher's !! HAHAHA!

"Keep turnin to the RIGHT"
  • QBQB Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can put me in as President, but . . . QB does NOT stand for Queen Bee. And I will NOT disclose ANYTHING that I have done in the past, am doing in the present, or will do in the future.

QB

Don't sweat the small stuff --- and it's ALL small stuff.
  • TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put together a "central" location...
    Appoint/elect some regional folks via "sectors"...to help co-ordinate.
    Maybe put together some funds for lodging/meeting place..
    If there is an interest...and with suggetsions/viewpoints...I think it could be done...
    Would like some input...

"Always drink upstream from the herd"
    Will Rogers
  • QBQB Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All kidding aside, it sounds like a GREAT idea. Let's see what the rest of the country thinks.

QB

Don't sweat the small stuff --- and it's ALL small stuff.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is "central" U.S. Kansas?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    I think its a great idea. Gather the masses!!! (and dont forget the beer)[:D]

Larry
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    I'm in, name the time/place. Would look forward to meeting some of you fine folks. [:D]

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."
  • dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds good whos close to louisiana????????

the thing that scares me is that we could be living in someone else's own reality
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Guys, guys, guys, have I got the place and time for you. How about the Wannemacher Gun Show in Tulsa? Its the first weekend in April, the 3rd and the 4th. Its pretty centralized and its something we all would enjoy.

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com

Check it out!!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    I just thought of something, if Hedog can make it there all the way from N.M. then this ought to be "do-able" for quite a few people. And this ought to be quite a bit of notice for most people. And hey wipala is close enough we could all bunk at his place.[;)] This is coming together quite nicely!!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm always up for a good road trip. However, we would probably get more attendance with sufficient notice. Some of us have to submit vacation requests many months in advance. I had to request my May vacation back in December. From my location I can drive anywhere in the country within 48 hours. I love to drive [:D]

I can picture it now. Take a long beautiful drive (hopefully around the September timeframe), spend a few days with some great people and then take a liesurely drive home.

We should start up a "sticky" to ask who would be interested in a trip. Then we should take a survey regarding the timeframe of the gathering to accomodate the vacation schedules for the greatest number of people.
  • familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with Ids on the time frame. I have to request well in advance, and Sept actually sounds good. Who's butt do we kiss to get a 'sticky' post?

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    sounds good i'm in

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great idea. It would have to be central located. 4 Regional People in charge to organize. This could be a big media event. Would take a large building or area. First year would be a small event and it would grow as time went on. Giveaway some guns have some guest speakers, hell even politicians on less gun control.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    If it's half as fun as this past weekend was we will do everything in our power to be there!

Advance notice would be the key in it's success!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • ClairClair Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With a little bit of an advanced notice, there is no way I would miss it. I had a great time with all the gang at Harrisburg.

<P> To each his own
    Craig Brosius
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Sounds good to me![^][^]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Oklahoma or Kansas is about as central as you can get, but no matter where, it will be a hardship on someone to get there.

So about all you can do is pick a date, place, and wipala to organize it. [:D] We already know he has the skills.

Lot of logistics, but will be fun when it happens.

BTW, OK gun show is the first week of April? He Dog, that's opening week of turkey here!!! We got a problem on our dinner meeting.
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds like fun.Wannemacher Gun Show in Tulsa also has one on October 23 & 24, 2004. would that give everyone enough time?

"Life is not a journey to the grave wtih the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,

But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

-WOW- WHAT A RIDE!!!!!"
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would love to go.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif
  • deputydondeputydon Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wanenmacher Show in Tulsa is a great idea! Keep in mind Tulsa big name motels are usually booked up quite aways in advance of the show. If this thing comes together I can provide names of good, but off the beaten path places to stay. -Don

Parsons.gif
    0.jpg
    When they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
  • tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tulsa? Why not!
    I've always wanted to find an excuse to visit the Wanenmacher Show. For that matter, I've always wanted to find an excuse to visit Tulsa. That's one city QB and I have never had the opportunity to experience.
    What better way than to meet some more Great GB members!
    What's the weather like in Okie land in Oct?

Tideman
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Select-fire
    quote: Giveaway some guns
    Im still waiting for you to give me the Camp 9[;)]
    I'll bring some appliances[:D] But I'm not picking up the brass[:0]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Las Vegas, you can fly there cheap from anywhere.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't care where it is, I can fly anywhere from anywhere cheap.
    (Just showin' off.)
    Las Vegas sounds pretty OK. Hotels are usually pretty inexpensive.
    BUT...It's gotta be sometime when Mrs. Mudge can attend. She just can't take time off during the school year and I don't go without her.
    NOOO. It has nothing to do with PW.

Mudge the devoted

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would certainly like to. I'll tentatively say yes..

There are no bad guns, only bad people.