In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GIVE IT SOME THOUGHT...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I read the post about juju and his wife being sick, and others who for whatever reason have decided they cannot or wont post any longer...
I know it bothers me when a reg stops posting but unless they answer their email, there is usually no way to get in touch with them to see if they are okay....case in point juju, josey, just to name a couple..Everyone missed them but not many knew how to get in touch...
I also know that we have met and exchanged information with others in regards to our address, phone number etc...and others have as well...

We have one person doing the Birthday club..how bout a "Are you okay" club?....If for some reason a person stops posting, the person in charge makes a phone call to the person or the next of kin?....NOt meaning the person has died, but maybe has been taken to the hospital...What do you think?...There are some on here that live alone, others whose spouse has no idea what a close family GB is...Maybe the person might need some help...or do we mind our own and not worry bout it?..

Comments?..

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion

Comments

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe my card/s was in the last package I sent your way. You should have my number. Somewhere here I have paboogers number and he should have mine. There is probably a pretty good network going offline already.

Are you volunteering to run the "are you ok club"?

Woods

Hamlin.gif
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Yes, I would run it if you wanted....Just a phone number, next of kin and thats it...oh yea..a name would be good too...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Beth,

It may be that I have more addresses and phone numbers of members of the GB family than anyone else.

When I started the Birthday Club, I told everyone that any imformation they sent me would not go any further. I meant that and have kept my word.

I did recently contact "mouse" and gave an update on her condition. That way, I did not violate any confidences.

What you propose is a good idea! I know you have my information. If someone other than you takes up this "are you OK club", I will give them my information, but not that of any other member. I'm certain that you and everyone else will understand my position.

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know of seveal who have already left but it appears I am missing a new wave of departures. Can I have an update? There are a couple folks who may have left because of a few of my latest political rants according to a rash of emails I got for supporting bush in a loud manner, if this is true I would like to try and make ammends or I could just quit posting myself if I have been too disruptive.

Thanks for also for letting us know about JUJU.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    I think it's a good idea as well, there might be hope for Beth yet!!!![:D][:p]

Id give a darn good knife away if I could find out how to get a hold of Muley~! Damm I loved that old fart!!! I miss him!!!

I have several phone numbers and address's but I ain't givin them out with out the persons permission!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know i'm reasonably new here but I do agree that would be a good idea. I had a dear freind I met online a few years ago and they up and disappeared, found out later she got married and her new hubby wouldn't let her talk to any male she knew unless he approved. I've ask a few Illinois and a couple close Indiana GB'ers if they'd want have coffee or other beverage and haven't had one say yes.

Only the strong survive!!!!!
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Beth, I also think that is a wonderful idea. I would also like to commend njretcop for his views on confidentiality.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beth,I think this is another way of you showing your Moral Character and good will towards others,Classic is a lucky man.I just think you need an Honorable mention for your act of kindness.And 7MM Nut I dont think no one wants you to leave.You have done no more harm than any of the rest of us.I once tried to keep up with my own faults to make adjustments to prevent them.Needless to say they were way to many to keep up with.[8D]Good Luck!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rugster

And 7MM Nut I dont think no one wants you to leave.You have done no more harm than any of the rest of us.

I must respectfully disagree. There is a long list of departed members whom when asked Why? all give the same reason: Lonnie. And the truth about their so-called maladies, personal problems, pressing engagements and outside interests always points to the same source: Lonnie. As one member wrote to me, "If I see another post about 7mm nut's really big, big truck, I will kill my puppy." Another said, "7mm nut's rabid adoration of that Vietnam-dodging megalomaniac cowboy makes me puke." And another: "If George W. Bush got caught selling government secrets to the Chinese, 7mm nut would applaud his entrepreneurial spirit." Even Judge Dread attributes global warming and Michael Jackson's last three * surgeries on 7mm nut's asinine posts. 'Nuf said.
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    DWS,
    you're sharp as a tack,
    and fast as a spark!

Still doesn't make up for your liberal dribble...
    and 7 is headed for your house right now and keepin'
    that truck in low gear for the push...[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:

...liberal dribble...

Isn't this an oxymoron?
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    quote:

quote:

...liberal dribble...

Isn't this an oxymoron?

Aww shucks.....I thought they were synonyms.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DWS, I got about 10 emails last week from some members telling me to get the f### off the boards because of my posts on Harleys and GWB, i was mearly intersted if a couple of those members have made it known that they are leaving because of somoe of the supposed sh!! I have posted. My opnions on Harleys and GWB has given me some enemies on this board and if they are leaving because of me maybe I would quit so they crybabies will be happy. Do you want your flattering email posted?

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    OK Hold on here just a danged minute or two!!!

I intend to stick up for my very good friend, Lonnie

Ah shucks...I can't think of anything good to say about him now, maybe later after I have my pill. [V]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lately it seems that no matter what the topic, it ends up being a lynching of one of the members. Thongs must be cutting off the circulation.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
    edited November -1
    Lonnie: I think Jim Brown in Ice Station Zebra probably said it best, roughly, "I judge my success by the number of people who dislike me personally." Anyone who would give you (or anyone else) that much power deserves to leave unlamented.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Good grief this is a forum! Who gives a rats * if their winning a popularity contest! Everyone has the right to express their opinion as long as it is within the guidelines! There are bound to be those that have conflicts and don't get along! That is life people deal with it!!!

Most of the time I try to avoid those that rub me the way! What right does anyone have to email someone and ask them to leave! The only ones that have that power is admin!!! Personally if this happened to me Id post everydamm one of them on here for everybody to read!

Now before everybody gets their shorts in a bunch, Im not siding with anybody, Im just expressingt my opinion! This isn't a damm club where you can pick and choose who can participate or whom can't!! Hell I work with people everyday that I can't stand but I have to deal with it!

If ya don't like it here than leave, it's that simple! Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
    edited November -1
    Out with Band of Brothers, in with Bandwidth of Brothers.

Group Hug.[:X]
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell them Pa!!!!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    AS you all know I am a staunch supporter of Harley Davidson, and not very vocal on most politics,

Lonnie and I aint always seen eye to eye,but still think of him as a friend, I dont think anyone in this forum should have the decision as to who stays here or who leaves.

If another persons views puts you in a position that you think they should leave, ya better back up and take a look at yourself, after all this is a discussion forum and if every one agrees on everything, then there would be nothing to discuss.. Get over it..........[:D][:p]

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Wait a minute, hold the phone! What have I missed now!? Who wants 7mm to leave? I missed that thread! The way I feel is this who has the right to run anyone off, unless it it is a troll or Mr. Nunn decrees it? We will never get all of us to agree and by the way I want all of you to stop buying Harleys so the prices will go down, I want a new one![:D] The way I see it is if it gets nasty on GB then the ones getting nasty need to take it off GB. We all get hot under the collar but eventually cool down or so I hope. BR started this thread as an excellent suggestion so we can keep up with the ones who do get down sick or for other reasons do not post on GB for a while. Now getting back to BRs suggestion, it is an excellent idea IMHO.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    Rita Mae Brown
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it's a great idea Beth, especially for someone like me. This is my family here, I am alone otherwise except for "gag..choke"..relatives. Anyway, my info has been sent to you.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.