In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Select said.....

LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
quote:Originally posted by select-fire
quote:Originally posted by us55840

Don't mean a thing!

They will just ship the stuff to some other country, relabel it as made in XYZ and ship it to the USA.

[;)][:0]

Money goes to China.. same a a Toyoto goes to Japan. Too difficult for some to figure out.

706819899_f15bb54b0d.jpg?v=0

Now check the Parts Line Content on your Chevy and get back with me..

We will see who sends their money abroad.

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have to agree with select, who owns the company and where do the profits go ?, parts and labor are only one part of the process, even with the other major companies

funny thing is compare this to glock threads, made in the USA but still considered a non USA product
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Given a choice between pats and labor sources in the US and profits going overseas compared to manufacturing overseas and the profits staying here, I would prefer the former. A much greater percentage of the sales price stays here, with that money circulating within the US, supporting other domestic suppliers of goods and services.

We still, however, have the option of buying US made automobiles supplied by US based companies, which is obviously preferred.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ownership of the company has little effect on the economy. It is where the thousands of people that are employeed live and where they are spending their pay checks.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,208 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where the stock holders live
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well there is no use to try and convince some of you America is in the toilet with foreign folks. Forget buying USA products made here and companies OF the USA. I just hope I die before total takeover.

I reckon if Walmart sold Toyotos it would be wrong. The OP said so in the Walmart post from goods in China or any other foreign importer.

However remember when the big 3 had America and times were good. Remember? Folks lived the American dream. Then we let the foreign folks sell their cars here. Then we let them build THEIR companies here with the profits going back to THEIR homeland.

Remember all the steel mills? Most are gone now in America. America is weak because we import a lot of steel. Yes we buy from China and other countries, even to build the US made cars.Sad.

So when they start buying Coal mines I reckon the OP might see the light, but it will be way too late. Indiana sold the 80/90 Toll road to the Chinese a few years back. They are slowly creeping into America without firing one shot to kill us. Pay attention it is only going to get worse. All along just because Americans are working in those foreign car builders here, we are not helping America but the foreign owners.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/china-digs-into-american-coal-mines-2012-05-29

http://www.manufacturingnews.com/news/newss/steel109.html
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We live in a world economy! We are no longer isolated against off shore producers! This happened to me back in the mid '80's.......I had to adjust , and so will the labor unions The big three are no longer competing !
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are slowly creeping into America without firing one shot to kill us. Pay attention it is only going to get worse.

Want to make a guess who'll be the slave labor then [:0].

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    can't wait to see the door tag on a chinee buick
  • Options
    bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well there is no use to try and convince some of you America is in the toilet with foreign folks. Forget buying USA products made here and companies OF the USA. I just hope I die before total takeover.

I reckon if Walmart sold Toyotos it would be wrong. The OP said so in the Walmart post from goods in China or any other foreign importer.

However remember when the big 3 had America and times were good. Remember? Folks lived the American dream. Then we let the foreign folks sell their cars here. Then we let them build THEIR companies here with the profits going back to THEIR homeland.

Remember all the steel mills? Most are gone now in America. America is weak because we import a lot of steel. Yes we buy from China and other countries, even to build the US made cars.Sad.

So when they start buying Coal mines I reckon the OP might see the light, but it will be way too late. Indiana sold the 80/90 Toll road to the Chinese a few years back. They are slowly creeping into America without firing one shot to kill us. Pay attention it is only going to get worse. All along just because Americans are working in those foreign car builders here, we are not helping America but the foreign owners.

Sounds like UAW recruiting propaganda.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    They are slowly creeping into America without firing one shot to kill us. Pay attention it is only going to get worse.

Want to make a guess who'll be the slave labor then [:0].

Dale Jr????[:D][:D][:D] I hear some NASCAR drivers will be looking for work soon[;)]
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    can't wait to see the door tag on a chinee buick

Won't be long now and the bowtie we're so used to seeing on a Chevy will look more like a fortune cookie.[:(][V]
  • Options
    carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the jobs are not in the US, everyone will not just be using Obama-phones, we'll be driving Obama-cars and living in Obama-houses!

I'll take American made over any badge you put on foreign made.

Without manufacturing jobs, America is lost and will never recover.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    without AMERICAN production and jobs we will grovel at the feet of those who do have..and if the squeeze goes on in some things the takeover of America can be more efficient and cheaper than bullets and bombs
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While we are at it, lets put some Americans to work right here in America building bombs,missiles, firearms, aircraft and ships for Japan and China. All we have to do is see if they would like to open up companies here to do that.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    We live in a world economy! We are no longer isolated against off shore producers! This happened to me back in the mid '80's.......I had to adjust , and so will the labor unions The big three are no longer competing !

Why are you yelling? I bolded one out of 20 words in a previous thread and got absolutely crapped on. Is there some "internetese" I am not aware of?
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Remember when the big 3 were the only game in town and produced crap cars with crap components and didn't give a dang about product improvement?
    Remember when a car with 50,000 mile was ready to be scrapped, and getting 100k on a car was worthy as newspaper articles because it was so rare?
    Remember when the average car cost less than 2 grand?
    Remember when a 2 year car note was considered "long"?
    Remember the days before the UNIONS drove the cost of everything through the roof? Yes Lucile even medical care went through the roof due to unions (they were only ones with insurance, the rest of us paid cash).