In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bid retractions

johnny g manjohnny g man Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
Does anyone know how to retract a bid from gunbroker?

Comments

• Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why did you bid in the first place..................

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I beleive you have to contact the seller and HE has to contact GunBroker ...

=================================
    The only bad thing about choosing a Kimber ...
    ... there are so darn many models to choose from!
    kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The seller has an f rating, with only two feedbacks, both of which say the seller did not come through on the deal. How could you bid on this item.

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
    edited November -1
    Gunbroker has no mechanism for bid retraction/cancellation.

You bid, you buy.

I too have bid without reading all the fine print. It is a learning thing. I have ended up buying something I didn't really want, too, but it all worked out.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • Options
    treedawgtreedawg Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    had a similar experiance a while back when i placed a bid on a high priced pair of o/u shotguns. i looked at them and they looked to be a good buy the price i bid. within second of placing the bid i looked at the seller's feedback and got very worried, but no way to retract the bid. i was high bidder with less than an hour to go and sweating bullets, but as luck would have it, i was outbid at the last second. if the guns were as described the buyer still got a great deal and i hope this is the case. just glad it wasn't me.......
  • Options
    rdff40rdff40 Member Posts: 1

The advertisement the seller had stated he would accept USPS money orders

When I contacted him, unfortunately after I bid, and asked him if he would accept a Chase Bank-issued money order

or a Chase Bank-issued certified check he responded that he would only accept "cash".

I know I should have asked before bidding but the auction ends in 3 days and I thought Gunbroker had a method whereby

a bidder could retract a bid.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,431 ******

As far as I know, bid retractions are not allowed. You can just wait out the 3 days and hope someone out bids you. If you win, I suggest you go get a postal money order.

For your information, the forums here can do absolutely nothing about auction problems. You must seek help on the auction side. Also bringing up old threads is taboo. 20 years on this one! WOW!

This discussion has been closed.