In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DPMS Lo-Pro Classic

agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
Have a chance to get one of these slightly used for $650. Any input on this firearms would be greatly appreciated.

AlleninAlaska
Delta Firearms & Supplies

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
-- Thomas Paine

Comments

• Options
    snarlgardsnarlgard Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dpms makes parts for the military( or used to )
    so all parts should be milspec

Lt. snarlgard RRG
    SMILE...MAKE EM WONDER WHAT YOUR UP TO
  • Options
    2 gun2 gun Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been studying AR 15 for the past month as I am about to build a pair of Ar's a A3M4 type and a varmit type.From what I have learned dmps would be considered in the top 5 most refered brands.

Having said that they sell new for 699.00 in the shotgun news on the dmps add page. web site is www.dmpsinc.comthe best place to see other dmps low pro used for sale is www.ar15.com

PS.that add also included 2-10rd magazines,1 nylon web sling,and 1 cleaning kit.

IT"S better to die by fire then serve by force
  • Options
    4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    Allen, DSA is going to offer this in a 300WSM. That would make a nice addition to your collection. http://www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=SA58STD&storeid=1&image=sa58standard.gif

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • Options
    2 gun2 gun Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    R GUNS (847)428-3569 has DMPS low pro classic for 640.00 + 8.00 shipping.Thats new in the box They also have High PRO classic for 620.00 NIB +8.00 [url="mailto:"]rguns@voyager.net[/url]

IT"S better to die by fire then serve by force
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    vol fanvol fan Member Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought one new about 10 months ago from a local dealer for $ 650. You need to get it down another $ 50 or so for a used model. I think MSRP is about $ 699 new.

Mine has a REALLY tight chamber, and has taken a lot of breaking in and experimental reloading. The result is, with a Nikon 4.5x14, Small base sizer dies, bullets over 60 grains (lighter bullets won't stabilize at 1:9), particularly Sierra 69 BTHPs will shoot into 0.625 or better. It's mostly a coyote gun so that's a perfect combination anyway.

Mine also will shoot 60 gr Nosler partitions to the same point of impact; although not quite as accurately. We took 3 deer in Texas with it last fall.

Throw away that cheezy plastic mag that comes with it and get a Colt or 2 or 3.

ARs are addictive; I'm up to 3 1/2 now.

Proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy