In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

McDonalds (c&p)

shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Subject: McDonald's

The original message is from the Texas Cattle Feeders Association. American cattle producers are very passionate about this. (Texas A & M see bottom)

McDonald's claims that there is not enough beef in the USA to support their restaurants. Well, we know that is not so. Our opinion is they are looking to save money at our expense. The sad thing of it is that the people of the USA are the ones who made

McDonald's successful in the first place, but we are not good enough to provide beef.

We personally are no longer eating at McDonald's, which I am sure does not make an impact, but if we pass this around maybe there will be an impact felt. Please pass it on.

Just to add a note, all Americans that sell cows at a livestock auction barn had to sign a paper stating that we do NOT EVER feed our cows any part of another cow. South Americans are not required to do this as of yet.

McDonald's has announced that they are going to start importing much of their beef from South America. The problem is that South Americans aren't under the same regulations as American beef producers, and the regulations they have are loosely controlled.

They can spray numerous pesticides on their pastures that have been

banned here at home because of residues found in the beef. They can also use various hormones and growth regulators that we can't. The American & gt;>>public needs to be aware of this problem and that they may be putting themselves at risk from now on by eating at good old McDonald's.

American ranchers raise the highest quality beef in the world and this is what Americans deserve to eat. Not beef from countries where quality is loosely controlled. Therefore, I am proposing a boycott of McDonald's until they see the light.

I'm sorry but everything is not always about the bottom line, and when it comes to jeopardizing my family's health, that is where I draw the line.

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those
300 send it to at least ten more (300 x
10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you? Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

David W. Forrest, Ph.D., PAS, Dipl. ACAP Department of Animal Science

Texas A&M University Phone
(979) 845-3560
2471 TA! MU Fax (979) 862-3399 College Station, TX 77843-2471 Email < [ mailto:d-forrest@tamu.edu ]mailto:d-forrest@tamu.edu> [ mailto:d-forrest@tamu.edu ]d-forrest@tamu.edu < [ mailto:d-forrest@tamu.edu ]mailto:d-forrest@tamu.edu>

Lt.RRG

"Go over,go under,go around,or go through.But never give up."

Comments

• flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great . . BLM works overtime to shut down the supply side and McDonalds squeezes the demand side.

Thanks for the post. I'm forwarding it to friends in the beef business out in CO.
  • Annie-OAnnie-O Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    McDonald's? We don't need no stinking McDonald's[:(!]

cg1.gif
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    McDonalds is the worst place to eat anyways so that will be one more reasons I can tell the wife and kids not to eat there! Honestly every time I eat there i get bad heart burn clear down into my stomach!

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have not eaten there in decades, no plan to change.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MCcommies is also on the NRA blacklist, I don't eat there. This is another good reason why not too.

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    I haven't been in a McDonalds in years.
    I used to really like the Big Mac,but that
    was when it was BIG.Now it would take at least
    two of'em to do the job.There's a SONIC right
    down the street.Best burger in town!!

We don't have anything against SONIC,do we??

BW

BTW,Have you tried their "Extreme Tots"??
    Yummie!![^]

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Burger King has been buying from Brazil for at least 10 years.

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    I don't know what Sonic puts into THEIR burgers, but the ads look better than McDonalds'. I wish we had a Sonic in our city.
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    what-a-burger [:p][:p][:p]
    or
    Texas Burger [:p][:p][:p]
    they make some good burgers

Lt.RRG

"Go over,go under,go around,or go through.But never give up."