In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Termites ?

s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Finding evidence of termites and wonder if any of you might give me an idea of what I should expext to pay for exterminating and ideas of what I should do to make certain that I don't get a (Rip Off) contractor. This is a 6 room,ranch type house with basement.

I am confused at times.We park on driveways anddrive on parkways.

Comments

• Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would call two contractors with a national franchise for a detailed estimate. Also be sure to ask about their warranty. Check them out at the BBB.

PC=BS
  • Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    I had mine treated by Terminex with the Centricon system. Seems like a lot of money for no more time than it takes to do it. However they do guarantee to repair any future damage after the initial inspection and treatment. I would get several bids also!!!!

KIMBER: Pistol du jour
  • Options
    dobieman0690dobieman0690 Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    had it done last november in Yuma house cost $500.00 and this included them comming back every month to recheck though it was a little high but when i checked on cost to replace foundation it seemed like a real steal
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Had termites on the corner of our home. Got some of the bait cylinders from home depot and put them in the ground- termites gone. Put them around the shop and other buildings I have. Check for water leaks in the area 1st.
  • Options
    reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Definitly have it done by a professional who guaranties it. If it isnt done right it could cost you later. I used to do remodeling and have seen the damage they can do. Get several bids and check with the BBB, you can do that online.

Guncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    B.T.T.

I am confused at times.We park on driveways anddrive on parkways.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You can do the job yourself, you can buy the centracom system at your local HOME DEPOT, install them about 10 feet apart around your house, IT WORKS,,

I did it and the pesky little devils did not return, termites return to the ground, are attracted to the system and dont return to your house.
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's too bad the EPA outlawed the chemicals that got rid of termites for good. Everything we use now only chases them away for a while. They will return.

I had treated around and under my old house, and termites didn't come back for the last 30 years I lived there. The "new" poisons will keep them away for maybe a year. :-(