In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Went to the indoor range again tonight

paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Allie and I went to the club and did some shooting again tonight!! Gosh it was fun!!! Shot the Mark 2 much better this week, then I got the 44 Mag out and was shooting some 44 Special hard cast, 240 grains! Man that SuperBlackhawk will shoot, I just love that gun!

Allie shot 300 rounds thru the Henry Golden boy! She done real well!

The Position shooters were in there practicing tonight man can those guys shoot!! These guys go all out , special shoes, strait jackets, special pant and the works!!! Im gonna have to give that a try sometime, they offered to teach me the basics!!

Does that mean I have to buy another gun!![:0][:D]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
This was the Ancient law of Youth
Old times are past, old times are done:
But the Law runs true, O little son!

Comments

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep!

Our indoor range here has grocery matches every Sunday. Watched them shoot in there when I took the 243 out and some of those guys are impressive. So much for me taking the Marlin in there and giving it a wirl.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Pa,

Ya would be better off learning how to throw knives.......[:p][:p][:p]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spent an hour on our range today waiting for the rain to stop[:(] gave up and came home

Son if you didn't learn something today, you wasted the whole day. (Jasper N. Lee, my granddaddy)
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    They don't throe knives up there but they do throw axes!! I ain't no good at that either!!! [:I][:(!]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    Well Pa,

Don't feel too bad, you're very good at throwing something else [;)]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I went to the indoor range here today also. I just received my EAA 10mm slide back from the gunsmith yesterday. I had a fiber optic front site placed on it, safty orange/red. It worked very well.

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tim, There is a shooting range right behind my job.. The guys go down on their lunch breaks to shoot..

Chihuahua_mexican.gif
    edited November -1
    Karen: do you get to use it???

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    Pa,

Teaching your wife how to shoot is NOT a good idea for most of us. [xx(]

njretcop@copmail.com
    vic.jpg

Charlie
    edited November -1
    Yes, It's been awhile since I walked back...I usually buy Stephen a pass for the year and on Thursday is ladies night... No range fee..

Chihuahua_mexican.gif
    edited November -1
    Chris already know's how to shoot, her Dad taught her!!! She just doesn't like to hunt!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

• groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    pa, Yes that watching a new shooting sport can sometimes be "catching"!!! I'm going back to the 1000 yard matches this year and bet I don't just watch!!! GHD
    edited November -1
    Charlie: I seen some literature at the club about some groundhog target shoot and egg shoot some where here in Pa. Guess they shoot groundhog targets out to 500 yds! I believe it was Pine Haven Gun Club or something like that!!! Have ya ever heard of it???

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    Stephen taught me to shoot...I also took a class.. enjoyed it..By the way... I scored 99% on the shooting part.. I would never hunt either..I really don't think I have it in me to kill an animal.. Not saying it's wrong.. It's just not me...Men were hunting for their families way before man ever sold meat for us buy at the grocery store..

Chihuahua_mexican.gif
    edited November -1
    pa, The NC Egg Shoot is held on the first weekend in April and involves shooting for score a "groundhog target" at 100, 300, 500 yards with scoring being points for hitting the head or neck or body(10,5,2) and then one shot at an egg at 500 yards! The egg is worth 50 points. No problem in shooting a "30" at 100 yards!, little more difficult at 300 and damn near impossible at 500! The egg is a definite hit or miss deal! At the groundhog day shoot we had charcoal briquets set at 415 and I hit 4/5 and then was told to "put that gun up and get another!!!" Add 85 more yards to it!! Then throw in a 25 mph wind!!!!! MORE FUN THAN EATIN BEANS!!! PRECISION SHOOTING usually has a really good prize for winning. There will be actions, barrel jobs, scopes(usually Leupold) for prizes. Come on down and bring the lever guns and show us something!!![:D][:D]GHD
    edited November -1
    Charlie: the one here in Pa has a stock rifle class, and a custom rifle class, does yours work the same???

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

• capecodcapecod Member Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in the Reading, PA area, the only indoor pistol range available to the public made a new rule last year restricting the use of any lead bullets - now to use the range, you can only shoot fully jacketed bullets. I was told that lead bullets had become a liability problem for them even with the venting they had at the range.
    Since most of the rounds I reload with lead bullets - I can only shoot them at an outdoor range now.
    I'm looking forward to Spring so I can start shooting the cartridges I've been reloading all winter.
    John

My Prayer: Dear Lord, Please let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.........
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you've got to buy another gun, theres' no way around it pa!

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Groundhog eggs?
    I thought they would be too expensive to shoot! [:D]
    edited November -1
    pa, Yes there are classes for factory rifles and classes for "modified" or custom rifles. Factory means as from factory with the exception of trigger jobs, floating or bedding and custom takes in all rebarreled, special stocks etc. GHD
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Pa,

What's position shooting? What kind of gun they use for that?

Regards,
    190191.gif
    edited November -1
    One way more expensive than I can afford!!! These guys go and compete at Camp Perry!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif