In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Salzo? Spring Gobbler Season

paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Hey Sal: do you have any clear info on when and if they are gonna have the early spring gobbler season for the youth, junior license holders this year? I checked the PGC site on proposed Seasons and baglimits, it mentions it but doesn't give a date!

I know alot of the hard core turkey hunters are not real happy with this but I think it'l be good for the kids. Do you think it'll effect the regular Spring season any!!!

Pa.

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
This was the Ancient law of Youth
Old times are past, old times are done:
But the Law runs true, O little son!

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    PA- I do not know anything about a proposed youth turkey hunt. I would think that just because the game commission says there is a proposed season, does not mean that it is definate. I remember a few years ago our licenses came with two spring gobbler tags. They were considering whether or not to have a two bird season, and before it came time to reach a decision, it was time to print up the back tags, so they printed them up with two tags. Naturally, the commission decided against the two bird season, so we were supposed to disregARd the second tag that came with our license.
    As far as it effecting the turkey population? I seriously doubt it. So few turkey hunters get gobblers to begin with, so I would doubt that a youth hunt would have much effect on the turkey population.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Ok thanks, Ill just have to wait and see what develops.

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!