In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NRA Surrenders and supports gun ban

Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
"The NRA and Frist will quietly pressure pro-gun senators to vote for these amendments -- complete with an extension of the Assault Weapons gun ban and the McCain language to eliminate gun shows." ...

"The gig is up -- the NRA has crossed the line. The Assault Weapons ban is the most important piece of legislation to ever face gun owners, and they are playing games with it, all for a bill that will have only limited effect on manufacturers of firearms."

"The gun liability bill is a big priority for the NRA and the Senate leadership." ...

"The NRA's strategy is to risk the permanent ban of all military style 'assault weapons' so that they can pass a liability protection bill of dubious merit."

They vote tomorrow morning on the ban. I'll never renew my NRA membership again.

kabalogoshadowed.gif

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    A sad day when that which has been predicted comes to pass.

Even if this move is defeated..millions of people will continue to send money and support to the NRA..and the politicians that dreamed it up.

I am ashamed for the people of this country....
  • Artic wolfArtic wolf Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shame the NRA for this Sh#$[V] I am a member but if they pass the Ban I will be no more[:(]
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    10 am today they will begin debate on Senate Bill 659 and those cronies added bills to close gun shows...permanently.

Either extend or make permanent the 'assault weapon' ban which now includes the Ruger Mini 14/30's.

If y'all aint calling the Senate tomorrow just leave your guns out on your door steps, the man will be by to pick them up in the afternoon.

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is the source of your information![:(!]

Sometimes, when someone is talking to me, my mind drifts off and I
    start thinking about guns I'd like to own.
  • reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am with saxon on this. I clicked on the link to the goa on the other post that was supposed to be the source of information and nowhere in there does it even mention the nra. Also where is the info that they are throwing in to ban all semi auto weopons. The only thing I have read is that they were going to throw in the awb as it is now. If people are going to post this stuff then post where you got your info so that people do not look like idiots that dont know what they are talking about when they contact their representatives. I have heard a lot of things about the nra but nobody ever posts the source of the information.

Roy.gifGuncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Red223,
    I received the same email you did. The email talks about how the NRA supports bill 659/S and how they are "SILENT" on the attached BS. While I do not agree with the "compromising" ways that the NRA has fallen to. In (an admitted grudging) defense of the NRA (this time) I went to their web site and found this.
    (Urge your Senators to fully support S. 659/S. 1805/S. 1806 without any anti-gun amendments!)
    http://www.nraila.org/stoprecklesslawsuits.aspx
    A pathetic attempt to cover their *, if you ask me.
    They should be SCREAMING, sending emails, calling people, something, besides a little caveat on a web page.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't doubt it for a second, the way they (the NRA) rolled over on their bellies in the Washington DC gun-ban a short while back. This new betrayal simply proves that NRA = POS.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got the e-mail too and the supposed news article is not attributed to any news organization. And the word "jig" is misspelled, not something they like in journalistic circles.

My e-mail is signed as follows. I never heard of these guys and don't know whether they may have been "taken in" by a phony story or what:

> Rocky Mountain Gun Owners
    > Colorado's Largest Gun Rights Organization
    > PO Box 3114
    > Denver, Colorado 80201
    > Phone & Fax (888) 874-3006
    > http://www.rmgo.org exdir@rmgo.org
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This message is from the Rocky Mountain Gun Owner's E-mail Alert
    > Network.
    > Direct any replies, comments, or concerns to exdir@rmgo.org
    > To unsubscribe from this network, send an e-mail to
    > majordomo@lists.kci.net with the following text body:
    > Unsubscribe RMGO
    > To subscribe to this free list, send an e-mail to
    > majordomo@lists.kci.net with the following text body:
    > Subscribe RMGO
    >
    >

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I just got off the phone with the NRA-ILA. The rep assured me that these reports are lies and "crap" (his words). He told me that the NRA will not compromise, and realizes that this ban on so-called assault weapons is the most important thing on the agenda at this time.
  • ccddbb95448ccddbb95448 Member Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree that this bill is important, but why can't they just do it,
    after the gun ban expires.[B)]
  • NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too pray this is not true. If not, could this be a trick of the left to get us mad at the NRA or fighting amongst ourselves? They are masters of the deceitful dirty trick.

Smert' Marxistam
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    http://www.rmgo.org/liabilitydeal.html

http://www.gunowners.org/a022404.htm

http://geekwitha45.blogspot.com/2004_02_22_geekwitha45_archive.html#107758453036379232

Nobody knows what snakes like Senators Feinstein and Boxer are going to really do and if they will be supported therefor there are no facts on what will happen today in the Senate....merely rumors that have came out of the Democrap Party.

We will have to see what develops.

If you think nothing bad will happen then crawl back into bed and sweet dreams.

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    offeror,

Rocky Mountain Gun Owners is one of the "few" NO COMPROMISE gun groups.
    You should check them out.
    I am "voluntarily" a member, unlike the NRA.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    GO TO THIS WEBSITE TO READ THE TRUTH, http://www.nraila.org/CurrentLegislation/Read.aspx?ID=949 BILL (S. 659) IS A BILL TO STOP FRIVOLOUS LAWSUITS

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!