In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New washer

dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I had to break down and buy a new washer today. I have been buying used for the last several years but when you p[ut the math to it you find that a new 300 dollar wahers that last 15 years cost 20 dollars a year vrs. a used washer fo 100 dolars that last one or less years. Just my rant. Don

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"

Comments

• old06old06 Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don we bought a top of the line washer and dryer from Sears in 88 gave it to our daughter and son in law and 3 grandkids in 03 and does countless loads with the kid now and still working like a top. Ya get what you pay for.

psalms 16
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Then again, my brother-in-law bought an off-brand used washer for $10 at a garage sale and never had any trouble. We bought a brand-new Maytag for $1,400 for the set and we've already spent almost $350 to keep it running and we've had it less than 10 years.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    It don't matter what you spend on one. They are all going to shoot craps at the worst conceivable time.

Proud member of the NRA

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
    Abraham Lincoln

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
    Albert Einstein
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    I have to buy Ma a new dryer! I ruin't the old when tumbling my brass!!! Hey: No one on here ever told me that you couldn't tumble brass in the dryer! Besides it worked great till I accidently dumped in some live ammo!! KaBOOOOOMMMM!!!!!

pa.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!