In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Best out of the box rifle

358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
[:D]Not the best shot in the world but I do ok
BUT TODAY I IMPRESSED ME
just sighted in a new sako in 6.5 x 55 and the first three shots could be covered with my little finger nail at 150 yards Then repeated the same shot string five times. Belive when I say that 90+% was the gun. Sure wish I could buy a couple more of these.[:p]

Comments

• Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Tikka T3 series promises less than a 1" moa or they do not leave the factory. The are part of the Sako family. I have a Sako TRGs that shoots 3 in the same hole at 100 yards. Very good guns.

Mad Dog
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    I have an L61 Sako in 375 H&H Mag that's over 20 yrs old that you can cover 3 shots with a half dollar at 100 yds.
    Excellent guns.

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too bad the best out of the box rifle is the Ruger M77 MKII, dont deny the facts. [:p]

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know for sure, but I've been told the Remington VSSR is extremly accurate.

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Pretty happy with Weatherby, but I admit I covet a Sako.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My TIKKA 25/06 IS so accurate it scares me!!

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Love that 22-250 Rem vs. 1/4" right out of box at 100 yds with factory ammo. Can do better with the pet reload. I do get flyers out to 1" but that's the shooter, not the rifle.[:I]
  • Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    Never owned one but I keep hearing that savage is the best for accuracy, out of the box, day in, day out!

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sure ruger270 said "Remington 700," didn't he? [8D]

Glad to hear about the Sakos though. I'll keep that tidbit in mind.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:My TIKKA 25/06 IS so accurate it scares me!!

My Tikka T-3 .25-06 is so accurate it scares the deer, so I have to shoot 'em a little farther off.
  • axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have a Steyr SSG 69 heavy barrel in 308...at 100 yards, one ragged hole, looks like one round went thru it. at 150, same thing, at 200 yards it opens up to a small hole slightly larger than the bullet. even at 500-600 yards its fantastic, after that of course, you start getting to the limit of the 308 round..
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Everybody knows it's a Remington 700 hands down.[:D]

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yep,...remington 700 sendero or VS or VLS or VSSF. 1/4" guns right out of the box with correct ammo,...will hold their groups all the way across the field.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by daddo
    Love that 22-250 Rem vs. 1/4" right out of box at 100 yds with factory ammo. Can do better with the pet reload. I do get flyers out to 1" but that's the shooter, not the rifle.[:I]

I've got to agree on that one. My good buddy recently bought a 22-250 Rem and his first day out with a new Leupold was earning him 1/4-1/2" groups with ease. It's definitely an impressive rifle.. [:)]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I have been told by many the Tikka's are by far the best out of box accuracy. I do not own one so I can't verify.
    I do know I have always been totally satisfied with every new Model 70 Winchester I have purchased.

Did somebody say remington???? that's beyond me[8D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got rid of my New Ruger MK 2 and Rem 700 LSS because they worked better as scrap iron.[:D][}:)]

My Sako shoots so fast I have to shoot behind deer so the bullet can catch up.[;)][^]

Mad Dog
  • 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wed. morning Feb25 I will be taking the new savage 300WSM to the range[:p] for the first time will report back on how well it does.
    IF and I do mean IF it shoots as good as the sako did I will likly have another heart attack[xx(]. If I don't have one waiting till Wed.[:(]
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    My Sako 308, l579 action, custom barrel and stock, only it wasn't in a box!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!