In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Home from Harrisburg

njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Mrs njretcop and I arrived home safely to NJ last night after what can only be described as a harrowing experience! Mrs njretcop called her doctor as soon as we got in and he later got on the phone with me to say that she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

He will see her on Monday to talk about possible shock treatment therapy. Then he wants to know the complete story of our trip that was responsible for her condition.

We were the first couple to leave, the others are still there in what, by now, must be left of the motel.

I would like to tell you a true story of our first night at the motel.
We gathered in the lobby waiting for everyone to come down from their rooms to go to dinner. The desk clerk, a very nice, soft spoken gentlemen was watching us in wonder for awhile before Pabooger went to speak to him about the pool. The man excused himself for a moment and went to the backroom, when he returned, he looked very scared and was carrying a pistol in his hand!

Pa asked him about how late the pool was open at night and the poor clerk could only say that it usually closed at 10:30, but if we promised not to hurt him, we could stay in as long as we wished. He further stated that he has a wife and family at home and did not want any trouble with our group. Mrs njretcop and I were very embarrassed by this episode.

We have some photos that I would like to post later today, but the doctor said that Mrs njretcop is not to see them, before her treatments start. He feels she should not be reminded of this trip, possibly for many years.

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com

Comments

• punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Charlie, you will be glad to know that PaB was able to purchase a slightly used PPK/S for a greatly reduced price by promising to NOT spend an additional night at the motel. The *'t manager was last seen with a dazed look muttering something about renovation costs to a two year old motel.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    He had better not have brought that pistol!!! [:(]

I am heading back there on tuesday to buy it! [:p]

Did they get the fire out after we left? LOL.

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Charlie, ya didn't try to renovate the rooms did ya?
    Would have thought the Mrs. would have made you leave that saw at home, or at least in the trunk of the Hudson! [;)]
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Charlie I probaly could have bought that Pistol for $300 TILL YA OPENED YOUR BIG MOUTH AND TOLD HIM IT WAS WORTH $450[}:)][:D]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    I have a BIG mouth!

Did ya make him an offer?

vic.jpg

Charlie

• paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    No I didn't make him an offer!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!