In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

post rumors here

hawaiipighunterhawaiipighunter Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭
edited November 2002 in General Discussion
i was at a gun shop today and heard a few rumors....

ruger has tooled up and is producing a new 10/17 available soon...

remington has the 597 available in 17hmr....

federal is making a new 22 magnum that has a 35 gr bullet and has a muzzle velocity of 2500 fps...

i personally saw a chipmunk in 17. i think i want kids now just so i can buy that gun!!

if you can add truth to any of these...please do!!!!

kyle

Comments

• Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    I'd love to get a 10/17!! My 10/22 is my old standby, allways faithful. Mebbe there is hope for the .17 after all. Judging by the amount of .17 brass I've seen in my last three visits to the only "organized" range I use, I tend to belive that.

Man, somebody confirm that this 10/17 is reality!

Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!
    People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals
  • Options
    hawaiipighunterhawaiipighunter Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i also heard that volquartsen has a 17 barrell you can put on your 10/22 mag. the magazine is the same as the 22 mag!!!!!

i think the 17 is going to be a big hit for small game. and i also heard that shots on coyote sized game had poor results. the bullet is so fast and so light it just vaporized upon impact and the coyotes had to be dispatched with larger calibers.......

addding to the rumors...

kyle
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I designed the .17/25 centerfire CTG I will let it public so the big gun manufacturers have to copy fast to stay afloat ...

It will be super cheap to reload ,30% more speed and power and can push 40-60G copper-tungsten ball with .223 FP impact force !

Who knows ? may substitute .223 in the future......

JD

Donate to free energy R&D Just Paypall $$$ to:
    arkresearch@hotmail.com
    Intelligence is not measured in paper but in the ability of adaptation and analysis performance in multy-tasking problem solving work....
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Martha Stewart Was developing a New IMR series of powders that would smell of a FRESH PINE SCENT ofter shooting. but it's just a rumor

NRA Life Endowment Member
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hawaiipighunter--YES! The Remington is available in .17 HMR. If I ever break down and buy a rifle in that caliber it will probably be the Remington. My current 597 now has around 1500 rounds through it with 2 misfires. Actually, I believe those resulted from faulty ammunition because the rim was dented but the round didn't fire. I put both rounds that misfired back into a magazine and the fired fine the second time around. I'm still trying to figure out how the 597 got the "jammo-matic" nickname. Just use metal magazines.
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dont Even try to use .17 ammo on a blow-back operated system ...
    .17 is designed for closed bolt only or gas operated system (not yet done).....

change .22 BBL to .17 is asking for blood and tears (Usualy blood)
    dead you cannot cry......

JD (this is no rumor ) is a fact....

Donate to free energy R&D Just Paypall $$$ to:
    arkresearch@hotmail.com
    Intelligence is not measured in paper but in the ability of adaptation and analysis performance in multy-tasking problem solving work....
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Where were ya when we needed ya????

"Can any body point me in the direction of the bathroom, I really gotta go "