In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

concealed weapon in kansas

MikeBMikeB Member Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I was reading up about this and if the bill passes it would not go into effect until Jan.1/05 and will cost $150. I was just wondering how much if any do other states have to pay. There will be up to 250,000 permits avalible[:p]

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The permit here (Oklahoma) was $125 for either 4 or 5 years... You mean to tell me the proposal has a limit on the number of permits allowed??? [V]
    That's better than nothing, but I get the feeling that those will go only to prominate members of society instead of John Q. Public.

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    I guess it'll depend on what your life is worth. Did I say that out loud? [:0]

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    1st license in Oregon is $60 for 3 years- $40 I believe for renewal.
    My 1st license (long ago) was 50 cents a year.
    Times, they are a-changin.
    [:D][:D]barto

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.-JFK
  • oldfriendsoldfriends Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    North Carolina charges $80 for the permit, $10 in my county for the fingerprints, and about a 90 day wait. This is on top of a required concealed carry course that averages $75-$100. Permit good for 5 years. Currently NC has reciprical agreements with about 21 states.

Life is Tough!
    It's Tougher if
    You're Stupid

Perspective:
    1 Million Seconds = about 11 days.
    1 Billion Seconds = about 32 years
  • sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last bill that went before "pack 'em high and tight" Graves was overrun by amendments that actually added more restrictive laws concerning firearm ownership here in Kansas.
    I sincerely doubt that our new liberal governor will sign any bill, that gives us Kansans more freedom, concerning firearm ownership.
    I guess I'll find out whats in the bill so's I know whether or not to support it.

,,,sod

cyclone.gifdemandbeeftag.jpg
  • steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    I am in PA. I think mine cost 35 bucks, and I know it is good for 5 years. -Toe
  • bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If memory serves me right.

Arnt there just 5 states that dont have some kind of CCW?

If Kansas ever does, it will be the last to allow it. [:(]

Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nebraska doesn't have one, and never will have one as far as I can see. Allegedly you are able to "carry openly", but in reality you don't dare try it without the damn cops hassling you at every step, so we really don't have any ability to carry at all here, unless you're hunting or maybe going to the range.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cost me about 30 Dollars. Good for 5 years. The only cost 15 to renew.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Minnesota we have a 5 year permit. The County Sheriff can charge up to $100.00 for the 5 year permit, most of them want as much money as they can rip-off the people![:(!] We pay $100.00 in my county[xx(]

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member..NRA,
    American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS, IDPA
    Thanks for all the help!
  • 257izmycal257izmycal Member Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is already being discussed in my area of Kansas that the cities and or counties will have their own laws and restrictions. It is felt by many that Sedgwick and adjacent counties will not allow it. Just some verbage that is going around.

You're a statistic whether you want to be or not.
    Wellington.gif
  • chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Minnesota's is $100 for 5 years. New Hampshire's is $20 for 4, I believe. Florida's is close to $200 now.

"Go to Lakedaemon, stranger passing by;
    And say there, that in obedience to her law, here we lie"
  • ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They know they got you by the [8][8][8]'s Most of us would pay more if we had to [:(!]

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member..NRA,
    American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS, IDPA
    Thanks for all the help!