In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Any golfers here?

GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I have a set of golf clubs that I want to get rid of but have no idea of what they are worth. I've been to a few golf shops but haven't seen a set that resembles what I have. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, though.

They are Wilson Pro-Staff. Graphite shaft and over sized heads. It's a whole set (3 woods, 8 irons). Never used, they still have the plastic wrap on the heads.

Anybody got any ideas?

GL

Sometimes, when someone is talking to me, my mind drifts off and I
start thinking about guns I'd like to own.

Comments

• GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "The Rev. Jesse Jackson plans to organize a protest at Augusta National Golf Club if it doesn't admit a female member before The Masters in April.

``It's an insult to all that America stands for, and the sponsors should not participate, and members should either change the situation or withdraw,'' Jackson said Friday. ``And I think the PGA has a big obligation to take a stand.''"

Is there anything this guy will not protest against?
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Wilson Pro Staffs used to be a pretty high end club, don't know what they are worth now. Go to ebay and type it in to their search engine. You will find many auctions to give you an idea what they are worth.

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    Can you post a picture of one of the irons, or email it to me. I'll tell you what they are worth. Pro-staff clubs are usually pretty low end. Wallmart, big box store type stuff. The Staff clubs are the high end.

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • Winchester-muttWinchester-mutt Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bsally has it right. Wal-Mart clubs. Usually sell for $150 or so brand new. I love golf, but can't afford the big boys clubs, so I have a set of those! Not too bad for the weekend hacker though.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    At the local auctions here, you cant give away a set of clubs...Two weeks ago the auction on Tues had 2 sets...all clubs and bag included....final price?..
    15.00 for the pair...

Could be cause there are so many golfers here, but they dont sell high at all

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BR , I bought a Brand New Set of Woman's with bag in a sealed box for my sons fiance for Christmas. High bidder for 16.00. She loved em'.
  • ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr. Green.... I dont think you could give them away! ALL CRAP!! But I will take them, just to help you out [:D][:D][:D][}:)][:D][:D][:D]

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member... NRA & Friends of the NRA
    American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS
    Thanks for all the help!
  • GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:But I will take them, just to help you out

What a nice guy! [:p]

Well, last time I looked at ebay I think the average going price was $150, though I don't know if there were may bids.

Sometimes, when someone is talking to me, my mind drifts off and I
    start thinking about guns I'd like to own.
  • ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr. Green...... I will give you $5.00 for the clubs.. I know it's way too much for them, but... I know you need money to pay your TAX...[:D][:D][:D]

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member... NRA & Friends of the NRA
    American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS
    Thanks for all the help!