In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BAD NEWS!!!!!!! READ!

ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I just got this in my mail.......

We at TAPCO want to keep our customers informed of your future rights to own a firearm. First, the bad news...

ATTENTION GEORGIA RESIDENTS!!!!!

Each year a new group takes aim at the gun industry and at people like you and I that shoot for recreation, hunt, or compete in matches. House legislation is attempting to pass a new bill that would encroach greatly on you're 2nd Amendment rights as a U.S. Citizen.

*If this bill passes, we, as residents, would no longer be able to purchase or sell rifles or their parts.

*If you are allowed to keep your rifle, you'll have to register it every year.

*Firearms that use 10+ round magazines will become illegal.

*It will be illegal to buy or sell parts involved with building a rifle.

Please take a minute to review House Bill 1380.

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2003_04/versions/hb1380_LC_9_1417_a_2.htm

Defend your rights as a citizen and let your voice be heard! Below is a link to help you find your local representative. A simple email could make all the difference.

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2003_04/house/index.htm

Now for the good news...
We are one step away from seeing the demise of the nation's firearm and ammo manufacturers. Now we can make a difference when it comes to frivolous lawsuits against the firearms industry. Click on the link below to find out how.

http://www.nraila.org/stoprecklesslawsuits.aspx

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member..NRA,
American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS, IDPA
Thanks for all the help!

IN GOD WE TRUST! And don't use Pay Pal!

Comments

• kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats something I'd expect to see in California or New Jersey ...

Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Good lord... it'll only stop when those politicians are very publicly voted out of office and ridiculed for being the * that they are.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got the same E-mail from Tapco,the time of looseing our firearms is here right now.If were going to act we better do something now!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got it too...This in GA ???? Just say NO !!

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Ghost Town PosseGhost Town Posse Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why those dirty sons a @^%$#$ I think they can take their bill and stuff it up their prissy little @#$##. Please remind me what country is this[:0]

Someday when I'm cool I'll have a .50

Me own a 9mm...I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a brush fire!
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I shoulda put READ! in the header of LaPierre's warning thread.... [?] Or called it Zippo Fans [?]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Georgia residents need to persecute the one who introduced this bill.Make an example of him for the rest to see that people who don't protect the Constitution go down in flames! Here in Calif., Pistol Packin' Don Peratta has introduced most of the anti gun bills. He now no longer "packs", the Sheriff in his district pulled his CCW, and someone else just did some digging and exposed his payoff/kickback scam he's been making money off of. He will soon be on his way out never to be problem for gun owners here again.
  • Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me Too Offeror http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=96253

"If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878<P>
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I am not mistaking were not most all the murders committed by the DC snipers and the monsters at Columbine by means of single and separate shots the same effect that could have been from a single shot and/or bolt action, lever action, or pump action rifle or shotgun?

How many of you guys ever burnt your hand firing your firearms? The demonizing of the barrel shrowd makes about as much sense as banning a bayonet lug or that conspicuous pistol grip.

So now a compensator is an evil feature.[:0]Oh, the humanity of it all.

They use all the right scarey terminology that I am sure it will get every concerned citizen and "follow the sheep" gun owner behind seeing this bill becoming law.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Posted - 02/21/2004 : 2:22:16 PM

I guess I shoulda put READ! in the header of LaPierre's warning thread.... Or called it Zippo Fans

[?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?]

Life Member..NRA,
    Thanks for all the help!

IN GOD WE TRUST! And don't use Pay Pal!
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I told you Jimmy was a lousy President!
  • TheguncounterkidTheguncounterkid Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: How many of you guys ever burnt your hand firing your firearms? The demonizing of the barrel shrowd makes about as much sense as banning a bayonet lug or that conspicuous pistol grip.
    Pick me Pick me..i had 1/9 5.56 burned into my thumb with a nice fluted pattern off my bushy. never ever reach down to brush some dirt off you new barrel after firing a string. ever.
    -Kid

www.acebuyers.com
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Josey -- Yup.

I see by the full text summary that the bill applies to both semi-auto and pump rifles using box mags, and that only those purchased by July 1 can even be grandfathered in -- but still must be re-registered every year (can I guess there's a govt. fee with that?). Even worse, gun owners themselves must submit to a new background investigation EVERY YEAR.

ItGoBang -- Look at the number of reads on these threads vs. some other "lighter" topics. Look at the number of reads on General Disc. vs. gun rights and politics forums. I realize this group of folks may not need to take this too seriously because it seems transparent to us, but the keys to the next 5 or 10 years of gun controllers' strategy may be laid out in these few threads. They are at least worth reading -- in case letters to the editors or grass roots activities need to be underaken.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This crap is unreal, when will it end[:(!][:(!][:(!]

I try not to get short tempered and show a side of me that gets ugly but the d!#k that would propose a bill like that should be tried and convicted as a traitor then HUNG IN PUBLIC!!!!!!

WE THE PEOPLE IT SAYS! WE THE PEOPLE! A SMALL GROUP OF LAWMAKERS OR EVEN ONE WITH A GRUDGE IS NOT WE THE $@$@^%#^@%#$ PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Don't worry. Georgia's one of the last pro-gun strongholds we've got.

This bill will go over like a turd in a punchbowl.

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate for an outright ban, picking up all of them, "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in," I would have." -Sen. Dianne Feinstein

feinstein2.bmp
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    that sucks and is bs so i will once again fly the flag.....

bsflag.gif
  • 3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That bill was introduced by Representative Barbara Mobley. You can contact her with your thoughts at bmobley@legis.state.ga.us

Why don't we just load up her inbox[}:)][}:)]

Click here to email
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I e-mailed such----
    In reference to your proposed house bill 1380, I would comment to you a few facts.
    You have stated semi-automatic weapons described as "assault weapons" by your dictionary killed 1 in 5 officers. This is a drastically smaller percentage than the overall problem and finding a solution for the larger percentage would be more appropriate.
    A "semi"-automatic weapon is not used , as you described, "spray an area" without need for aiming. This type of "spray"firing is performed, instead, with an "automatic" weapon, which is already illegal.
    A thumbhole stock is for comfort, not to make the weapon fire faster or more accurately.
    The "sniper" incident was not performed with rapid fire, but with an accurate one shot, thus making the issue of the "assault weapon" moot.
    Any skilled gun owner knows that 10 rounds are not a magic number and a law that restricts the number of rounds shows ignorance in itself.
    I would add;
    There has been no law passed that has prevented the criminal from obtaining "illegal weapons", and performing a crime with it. No law will stop the criminal from breaking the law, after all that's why they are called criminals. We have thousands of laws now. If these laws work, why do we still have criminals? Certainly, laws are made to prevent crime and punish those who ignore them, but some laws make criminals out of the "law abiding". This being known; do we proceed to fool ourselves into thinking we are stopping crime by making more laws or do we accept the fact that crime will be a part of a society and to deal with it, we need to prosecute those offenders by present laws and in a manner that makes an impact. No reduced sentences for pleading guilty, No plea bargaining, No out early for good behavior. Common sense is what is needed to deal with these issues and common sense is all that the people ask for.
    I also would propose that any person wanting to hold office be required to take a course and pass an exam in "constitutional rights" and be reminded of that oath that was taken when taking office to uphold the "Constitution of the United States". For that "constitution" is the "supreme law", above all laws of government .
    A representative should "represent" the people, not make personal agendas.
    Thank You;
  • 3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    offeror...... I understand what you were trying to say...

THANKS [:)]

Life Member..NRA,
    Thanks for all the help!

IN GOD WE TRUST! *And don't use Pay Pal!