In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Haiti militia carrying M-14s?

concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Take a look at this image; doesn't it look like this guy has an M-14?

STG_HZ_HaitiShowdown_845a.jpg

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security

Comments

• PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    What I would do to get my hands on of those m14s!!! MAN!!!

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have M14s also a lot of M1 Garands.
  • Patriots49Patriots49 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw a pic on the Front of the KC (red) Star that one of the "rebels" had an Garand.

"You cannot conquer America." -William Pitt, 1777
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was trying to get a link to the cover pic from my local papers front page monday. There was a guy shooting a Garand in that pic. Just goes to show. It's hard to kill those old war horses.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I saw many M-14s on the news as well as M-1 Carbines and M-1 Garands, they seem to have a pretty good arsenal..

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This has been covered before but I'll list it again: The US taxpayers provided Hati with 799 M1 service rifles in 1964 and 1,250 M14 service rifles in 1976. My contacts inside Colt have told me that the Hatian Government made a private purchase of 500 M16A1 service rifles direct from Colt in 1974 after receiving State Department approval. In theory at least the M16s, being a private purchase, could be imported into the United States as restricted sales samples by licensed importers, but could never be sold to individuals. The M1 and M14 service rifles were given to Hati at taxpayer expense and can not be reimported commercially and sold (this would hardly be fair to the taxpayers-- we GIVE them the rifles and then they SELL them back to us). Any MAP supplied rifles returned to the United States would go directly to the DoD who, in the case of the M14 service rifles, would simply place them back into their own inventory. Any M1 rifles received by the DoD would be released to the CMP for sale to qualified purchasers. As I mentioned in a previous posting this has already happend with some M1's returned from Hati after the Clinton police action of the island serveral years back.

Mark T. Christian
  • ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our goverment gave all our old guns to anyone that wanted them.... Bet if you could see all the news shows you would see Tommy Guns and BAR's.........[8]

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member..NRA,
    American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS, IDPA
    Thanks for all the help!

IN GOD WE TRUST! *And don't use Pay Pal!