In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My rebuilt rifle

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Check this out, my gunsmith just sent me a pic of my newset rebuild. rechambered, accurized,screw on muzzle brake, new stock and rebuilt trigger. the trigger is a combo normal 2lbs and a set trigger that is measured in ounces. Anyone ever use a trigger like that? Will I be dissapointed? Nice finish on it too! matte black on that wood looks great!Cant wait to pick it up! been waiting a year for it but it was worth it!oops, forgot the pic!!! here it is.
If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.[This message has been edited by 7mm nut (edited 02-14-2002).][This message has been edited by 7mm nut (edited 02-14-2002).]

Comments

• whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A set trigger is wonderful on target rifles (varmint hunting is target shooting). Terrible on a hunting rifle.Clouder..
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The trigger can be used either way, if left alone it is a normal trigger at 2lbs. If I want to use it as a set trigger all I need to do it push it forward and BE CAREFULL. He did tell me that the saftey will not work in "set" mode. I thought this would help the rifle serve as a dual purpose rifle. As far as uses, if I ever get to go west, this will be my AT&T elk gun. Don't think I will be carrying this on deer drives though, just groundhogs.
    If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love my set trigger, granted its old fashioned, on my muzzle loader, but I'd put one on a modern rifle in a heartbeat if I was building one, you'll love it. I have a Timney on my 7mm mauser, and have it set to ounces, the problem is that it is not like yours, I dont have the option of a heavier pull, yours sounds sweet, I'd like to shoot it.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beautiful wood 7mm, and my personal favorite choice of actions. what barrel? what caliber?
    edited November -1
    7mm of course! #4 douglas 26"
    If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
  • OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Man that is beautiful rifle. Now if you would just trade that crotch rocket in on a Harley you could really be somebody!
    edited November -1
    otoman!!!!! I cant get rid of that!!!!!!!tell you what, I will keep hunting for one on that other site we can't mention here,lolIf I find one cheap enough I may buy it. but get rid of my R1, no way, I would rather see my wife leave me!
    edited November -1
    This needs one more round on the board, I'm as happy as when my first child was born!