In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

guitar guru's lend me your ear. Tama question.

mauser_centralmauser_central Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2004 in General Discussion
My Mother has a Tama 3560-12 acoustic guitar. its a 12 string sounds great, and Appears very well made. The only info i found on it was at tamas website a few years back when they had the museum link posted. it just had the model number and a picture no other info. Internet searches have yielded next to nothing. anyone know anything about it value etc...?

"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe
~ Jesus Christ [Luke 11:21.6]

Mauser Central

GunParts & Supplies @ Wholesale

MidwayUSA

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    yup they did[:)], best i can figure around 1965 to 1975 they either made or had made a very few. like i said i know little about it, but you can google tama guitar and find a few refrences but no real interesting info, mostly people wanting to buy them or wondering the same things i am.

Mauser Central

MidwayUSA
  • Options
    JeffreyBGood137JeffreyBGood137 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=49924#1228675

Has a thread about your guitar. They are well liked and respected with some models being worth over $2000 and others less than $200.

No reason as to why they quit making guitars, except to focus on drum and drum accessories.

"Americans have the right & advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms". James Madison - The Federalist Papers #46 <P><BR>
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The guitars were made by Tama drums in the 70's (73-79) they were made in Japan and were copies of Martin guitars. Before being called Tama they were known as "Ray Durant guitars" They have compairable tone to the Martins and are well made. I would guestimate value at $600-800 depending on condition.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose goverments are afraid to trust the people with arms" - James Madison

americashapeflag.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks guys this is more info than i have ever found on it. Im sure she'll be happy to hear this as it is in close to perfect shape and dad gave alot less than the approx value for it !

Mauser Central

MidwayUSA
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tama guitars? Whoa...

Lars likes Tama..

larsulrich.jpg

santa2.gifsig3.jpgsanta2.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lars is a Richard Cranium