In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NAFTA and Edwards

BlackieBoogerBlackieBooger Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
John Edwards is the only candidate between both parties that would repeal NAFTA, which Clinton signed, and Edwards favors more favorable trade policies with countries like China, in which Clinton gave most favored trade nation. Manufacturer American Meter which at one time employed 800 people is closing down here in Erie, PA and adds to a long list of manufacturing plants that have closed down in recent years in Erie.
Does anyone on the forum know what Edwards views and/or position is on such things as gun control, abortion, sane-sex marriage, taxes?

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, not liberty to purchase power."
Benjamin Franklin, 1785
123div.gif

Comments

• ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    He's been kind of vague about gun-rights. On the one hand, he says he's grown up around hunters and guns, so he has no problem with that. But on the other hand he says he doesn't think hunters need AK-47's.

Vague or not, he's not as strongly anti-gun as Kerry is.

Same sex marriage I don't know. I haven't heard anything from him about that topic. Honestly though, with terrorism, the economy, and the war in Iraq, I think there are more important things to fret about.

Abortion: He's pro-choice. I'm not sure if he's 100% on that though. I have no idea what his stance is on partial-birth abortions.

Taxes: He wants to raise taxes on those who earn more than $1 million a year and cut taxes for those who earn less than $250,000. He wants to cut taxes even more for those who earn less than that.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think he does a pretty good puppet dance but he is far more favorable than Kerry, bad thing is though Kerry will get the ticket so he is kinda a lost cause. It will come down to Kerry and Bush, I will bet my last dollar on that.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif