In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ghost Recon - Island Thunder. HELP!!

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
A question for those who play this game, I have the X-Box game and am lost on one map. I think the # is 08, not sure but it is the map where the only objective is to capture the warlord before he reaches his helicopter. Where is the warlord hiding at and where is the helicopter? I completed all the missions to unlock all of the soldiers and am stuck in the campiagn on that map, also to unlockthe cheats[:D] I have to beat that map next. If I find the helicopter can I blow it up before he gets to it?

line2.gif
email2b.gif
hillbilly.gif

Comments

• trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My brother says he is in the main house?! I havent played that one in awhile. Do you have Xbox live? Perhaps I could play you in some ghost recon?

sniper.gif
    koreaAnim.gifUN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have it hooked to the phone lines yet. My DSL will be activated this week and I plan on running it thru the computer if possible. I have had this game for 3 days and every moment I am home I am glued to the game[:D] I have come to the comclusion that the M-16 carbine is awsome for close combat and the M-60 royaly kicks *! Who needs snipers when you got a 60??[:D][:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    Yeah, the M60 definately kicks major butt. However, the Makarov pistol is king and the polish version of the AK is the beast! May I suggest that you go out and buy CounterStrike, as it is possibly the best first person shooter out there, period. You need xbox live to play it but is AWSOME.

sniper.gif
    koreaAnim.gifUN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I do love ghost recon. Fun to play with two or more players...

Don't know the anwer to your question I'm afraid.

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ghost Recon is about the only computer game I have ever enjoyed playing. If you are looking at the map the helicopter should be down near the southeast corner. Work in a clockwise manner and take out the guard tower on the way to the helo. The warlord is in the main house of the compound. If you don't take out the helo before you go to the compound he will get away. Also, once you get into the compound, if you enter the house from the rear the warlord will be in the first room on the right (3-4 guys in the house and one in the room with the warlord). The warlord will take one shot at you before he surrenders.

Hope that helps.
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    I got the game last week and am absolutely enjoying it. I have found the 7.62 Carbine, VZ58 and the Bizon to be quite effective in a lot of the scenarios. The M82A1 still turns it good results too[}:)]

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
    edited November -1
    The Bizon...what can I say, I hate that gun w/ a passion. Weak as crap, sounds frenchy, and is just plain ugly.

sniper.gif
    koreaAnim.gifUN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy
    edited November -1
    Thanks DBV! I was looking in the rear of the compound for the helo, and I noticed by the time I get done messing with the tank and the guards he gets on board and leaves. Only tried 50 times to get him[:(!]

Trooper, havent tried any pistols yet and havent tried any AKs either. Did notice that the MP5 sucks and so does the riflemen with the M-16s. I just use two supports and one sniper per team and so far we kill everything we see[:D][:D][:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    Ohh, and who the heck let a woman on spec ops teams??????[:(!][:(!] Dang broad distracts me when she talks, had to quit using the dingbat and I found about all she is good for is taking bullets! Oughta just let her get killed so she is not available[}:)]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trooperchin
    The Bizon...what can I say, I hate that gun w/ a passion. Weak as crap, sounds frenchy, and is just plain ugly.

sniper.gif
    koreaAnim.gifUN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN

I agree that they're ugly, but the Soviet weapons tend to work better in real life and on Ghost Recon[:D] Try the Bizon at some distance, it was surprisingly accurate at mid-range Cubans and beat the MP5 hands down[:0][?][B)]
  • ralph the wonder llamaralph the wonder llama Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmm, it's been a long time since I played that mission, but I believe the helicopter is on a pad in the south east corner of the map, I know it's close to one of the guard towers. Circle down around the edge of the map with two people, take out any resistance and blow up the helicopter with an anti-tank rocket. The warlord is in one of the buildings in the compound, I can't remember which. I have the PC version of the game, but I think the maps are the same as the X-Box's.

And my favorite weapons are the FN FAL and PSG1.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    7mm nut email me up. Your email is not working.
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are the computer and X-box games the same? If so, how do you change weapons? I didn't know there was options besides what the soldiers automatically come with. I have used the sniper to take out most everyone on a lot of boards, sometimes the demo guy. Like the support guy, but he seems to shoot a lot and not hit too much.

7mm, after you finish taking out the helo be sure to take out all the guard towers before you head for the compound. Supposedly the warlord won't give up if you don't. And before you go in make a loop around and snipe the machine gunners on each corner of the compound. If you enter from the back you can capture the warlord without even messing with the tank.
    edited November -1
    DBV, on the X-Box after you select the soldier you can scroll up to the weapons and keep hitting the select button to scroll thru the weapons. Not sure how it will work on the PC. I did get the warlord, I went straight down and blew up the chopper, then went to the compound and raised hell[:D] After killing ecerything in sight I found the warlord standing at the chopper crying because it blew up, end of the game!

Selectfire, email sent.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif