In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I'm going backwards!

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I had always thought that as you went thru vehicles that when you buy new ones they was supposed to be NEWER than the last one! I got rid of my mid 90s super beast Ford truck with the big lift and big mudders, bought an '87 Chevy shortbed 4X4(wait till I get done lifing this[;)][;)]) Now I just bought the wife an 89 S-10 Blazer and am getting rid of her late model Pontiac since she clobbered the deer with it last fall. I can't bring myself to take on a car payment, i mean yes we can afford a payment or two but I have always liked the idea of driving older vehicles and paying cash for them plus my opnion new cars and trucks are a status symbol and looking flashy isnt my style, I like the laid back faded jeans and rusty 4X4 look no matter how much money I got[:D] Besides, that $500 per month car/truck payment I am saving helps me in my goal to completely fill all four walls of this room with guns, we are going fo quantity first, then quality, need guns, more guns, lotsa guns, got jumper cables and a can of ether?[:D][:D]

line2.gif
email2b.gif
hillbilly.gif

Comments

• mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Hey, as long as you've got the guns you can always get a car!

[:D][:0]

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with you, but of course your's doesn't have as many cup holders, seat warmers, on stars.........Oh I remember, the point is to go from point A to point B.

My newest vehicle has 105,000+ miles on it. And it's a Ford, and yes I know how close to being afoot I am.[:D]

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
  • cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i just put in a 1000.00 tranny in wifes 97 intrepid with 190,000 miles lot cheaper than making 2000.00+/yr car payments again

Highmore.gif
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wundudnee, my '87 Chevy does have a BOLT in gun rack, heater and an aftermarket stereo, all that is needed! The stereo is maily used for using varmint call tapes while parked on the edge of a field[:D]

Cowdoc, I know you run in the demo derbys and I have entered a few of them myself and I'm wondering about the wifes Bonniville, do you think a heavy front drive car will do anygood? The frontend is already toast due to her hitting a deer with it and I don't feel like changing clips and may just pop out the windows and head for the derby!

Mateo, one thing I noticed about guns and cars is how nice folks drive around you when there is a couple rifles hanging in the rack[:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif