In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Last day of elk season, all I got was pics

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in General Discussion
Today is the last day of elk season, got up early and hiked into a hotspot that's around 8000'. Saw a bunch today but they were skylining about a mile away, no way to get up there in time so I just watched. Then I found a smaller group of cow elk and made an attempt to intercept them but another hunter who never knew they were up above them spooked them off, ohh well!!

One of these pics has that small group of cow elk, can ya find em?

D0FD1763-3165-420A-B3A6-676F48669F04_zpsuzmjqfzy.jpg

98F96396-87B4-43A9-88FD-8C81D107EE51_zpscjotyehe.jpg

60A91E5C-09F4-4E97-A428-35564DAAE257_zpsckxppncf.jpg

B5236375-E645-402E-9FEC-5259C9B5D92D_zpstcuu5gta.jpg

Comments

• Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Lower Left of third photo?
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO MORE EXCUSES.

savlong01.jpg
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    NO MORE EXCUSES.

savlong01.jpg

Still. NO GOOD. If the Elk are "skylining". No shot..[:(]
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like they're in the third picture down, just below the brush line along the creek and in the shadow. Just a little left of center.
    Pretty country, Lonnie.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look just a bit to the left of center in the second pic. Blurry pic taken over 1000 yards away with my phone.

Problem with that gun pictured is while it may shoot that far you can't shoot over property lines onto private property. Most of the ranchers around here are very hostile towards hunters, even native locals can't get permission.

Example, there is a ranch that is real close to my house, he has several hundred whitetail, moose and it is a safe haven for elk. Nobody hunts there, not even his employees. Don't bother asking, I made that mistake and his property corner joins our property.