In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Feinstein whines after supporting lawsuit abuses

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Feinstein is whining about the Gun Liability bill as protecting the gun industry from "negligently sold" guns, whatever that is. But of course it's fresh in my mind that she has supported phony lawsuits in the past which baldly attempted to put a gunmaker like Bushmaster out of business. If she didn't want the bill, she shouldn't have supported abuses of the legal system to attack a manufacturer for political purposes.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif

Comments

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you have a link to the new AWB?

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've read drafts, but I'll have to look online. Try Google in the meantime and if I get something I'll post a link.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

edited November -1
    Now Feinstein is talking like a child. She's trying to quote testimony of a kid who pointed a gun at a playmate and shot him because "there was a bullet HIDDEN in the chamber." Yes, she said "hidden" in the chamber. Sigh. It's gonna be a long dam* day. Say, did you know that in the case of Cincinatti v. Beretta it was proven that there are, in that city, guns in the hands of both criminals, and children, "proving" that Beretta is negligent? Well, in Feinstein's dreamworld it's so. Oh, yeah, and legislation which "succeeded in making guns safer" seems to prove to Diane that guns before that were unsafe.... hmmm. So, the cowboys and all the war veterans carried negligently bad guns, I guess. Is that twisted or what?

• gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    She can talk all she wants and give as many examples as she wants. Statistics can be made to show anything and figures do in deed lie. I take her with a grain of salt if that much. I am soooo happy she is in Kalifornia and not here. I wonder what she would be qualified to do in the private sector.[8D] How much longer is this woman going to talk? Thank God she is off the air [:)]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
    edited November -1
    Maybe it is a good thing I can't hear this, my neighbors would be calling the police due to the extreme vulgarity being screamed at high volumes at the TV if I was watching her[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • 0341USMC0341USMC Member Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't listen to her anymore she is a total *.If i was 2 years old it might work but i'm not so she should shut the hell up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0341USMC
    SEMPER FI
    Christian
    American
    heterosexual
    PRO GUN
    conservative
    Any Questions?
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    7mm nut,
    No police showed up here.
    Good thing the neighbors are a ways off.
    I have not "talked back" to the TV this much in a long time.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]

I think offeror had a heart attack! Either that or in a fit of rage he pulled out a Glock and opend fire at the TV, nailed the computer or accidentaly shot himself!

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    Update,

WASHINGTON - A Republican-led bill to shield gun manufacturers and distributors from lawsuits arising from gun crimes passed its first Senate test Wednesday, but Democrats plan to complicate its future by forcing votes on extending an assault weapons ban and requiring background checks on purchasers at gun shows.

The Senate, with a 75-22 test vote, showed that there is enough support from both parties to get gunmaker immunity legislation through, but Democrats plan to try and add their gun legislation to the package before it heads to the House.

Democrats want "provisions that will close the gun show loophole, that would reauthorize the ban on assault weapons," said Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I. "We should require effective safety locks on handguns. We should improve the National Instant Criminal Background Check (search) system."

Those measures are less popular with the Senate's GOP majority and could cause problems for the bill if included. The GOP-controlled House already has said it does not plan to approve an extension of the assault weapons ban.

"Some of our colleagues already announced they intend to play politics with this bill," said Sen. Larry Craig (search), R-Idaho, one of the legislation's main sponsors.

The White House - which supports the gunmaker immunity bill, extending the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole - nonetheless called on the Senate to pass the legislation without amendments.

"The administration urges the Senate to pass a clean bill, in order to ensure enactment of the legislation this year," the White House said in a statement. "Any amendment that would delay enactment of the bill beyond this year is unacceptable."

Republicans, along with some Senate Democrats, have been pushing for the gun immunity legislation for some time. Gun advocates say firearm makers shouldn't be forced to spend millions of dollars fighting off lawsuits designed to win large rewards and bankrupt them for making legal products.

Democrats including Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle (search) of South Dakota agreed to back the legislation after gun supporters accepted a specification that firearms manufacturers and distributors would not be immune to lawsuits involving defective products or illegal sales.

But getting the 1994 assault weapons prohibition renewed also is Democratic priority this year. They picked up support Tuesday from GOP Sens. John Warner of Virginia, Mike DeWine of Ohio and Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island.

"Although I voted against the ban a decade ago, over the past 10 years it has reduced crime dramatically and has made our streets safer," Warner said. "The legislation also has protected the rights of gun owners better than many of us predicted."

The three GOP senators' support does not guarantee the amendment's approval in the Senate, but "this gives the effort to renew the assault weapons ban new momentum," said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (search), D-Calif., sponsor of the original assault weapons ban.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MY stomach is begining to get all twisted from watching this crap. Man, I am NOT giving up my rights. Mark my words.

sniper.gif
    koreaAnim.gifUN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This fiasco could go on for 30 hours. I've cooled down a little. I shouldn't watch T.V. and eat red hots at the same time.
    edited November -1
    Sheesh, I can't hardly write to all these threads about it.... No, I haven't shot the TV -- I like my TV. It's the content, sometimes.... [:D]

But I'm enjoying waiting for the Dems to shuffle on in... They must look like they all just ate lemons... I imagine they are trying to postpone the inevitable.... Well, the gun banners have NOTHING to complain about. They are reaping exactly what they sowed. They should have thought of this before they tried sticking gun manufacturers for ridiculous judgments in American courts. I called DeWine's office and reminded him that this industry was not chosen for a bill at random, out of a hat. There's a reason why this bill is on the Senate floor today, and it has everything to do with the gun controllers' idiotic strategy to single them out and bankrupt them just for making popular products that work as intended.

What a country!

edited November -1
    Glad to see you did open fire, I though Fiendog would have set you over the edge[:D]

As far as the rest of it, i finaly got IE to open the radio so I can hear what is going on, it connects but no sound! What gives?

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    I tried it but the station I found is not the audio feed from C-SPAN 2. And the TV link requires broadband, even if it works. Some day all portable TVs will tune to a satellite, and cable will be dead....

edited November -1
    Offeror, I'm on dial up and am right now listening to C-Span-2 live on Windows media. The video is choppy but the audio is great. On the page where you see on the right where you can click WATCH under windows media, not Real Player, you want to click on Stand Alone Player which will get your Windows media. Like I said, i go tit fine but the video is choppy but I don't need to see it, only hear it[:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif