In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GHD

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
I noticed you mentioned needing an umbrella for hanging in a tree, I have one of you want it. It's camo with a swivel bracket that attaches to the tree and it has a velcro flap so you can wrap one side arond the tree for a leak free setup. If ya want it let me know, I have two and only need one.

And yes I'm still interested in checking out that store. Due to some goofy runs I have been doing I havent been thru VA in a couple weeks, been everywhere else though.

Real men use little bullets.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    In your experience with the 25-06, Do ya think a 120 gr bullet would be more than sufficient for feral hogs around 120 lb to 180 lbs under 200 yards? I am going hunting for some smaller guys that are destroying a friend's property and want to break in the 25. But If I do my part, think it will take one down cleanly?

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif

God Bless our Troops
    Virtutis-Gloria-Merces
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had to post this to ya my e-mail is not working right. That thing is a beauty!!! I had to dub it "Black Magic". By the looks of the target it's a shooter! Got to ask ya looks like you have a 26-30" BBL on it.

I am still working on the plans for my first one,

I know I am going to start (& I am dead set on it) with a Nesika Bay action. The barrel however I am tossed between Lilija or Shilen.

My biggest hangup is going to be to find a smith that can find the "Sweet Spot" on the barrel length.

I know what your thinking, but this is a project that has been a dream
    for a while. I just once in my life would like to go the whole 9 yards.

Ps gotta tell ya. My shootin buddy went out for ground Squirrels (it's still early for them) yesterday with his new .243, and all I heard at work was .243 this .243 that. He dosn't know I have a 25-06 yet[:D] He thinks I am bringing my 22-250[;)] when we go next month.
    It will be fun, I have never used anything that big on ground Squirrels before. well one time playing around I took a shot out of a 460 Weatherby mag. That was not plesant!.

gun1.gif

God Bless Our Troops
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You got mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:D]

spiny
    'not all who wander are lost'
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I need a varmint load for 25-06.

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://canadianfirearmsexchange.com

aglore@gci.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    PAY UP !!!!!!! UVA 35, COW COLLEGE 21 !!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do you have your 25-06 done yet?
    what barrel are you using.....Lilja if i recall.. right?
    doc
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did you get the package yet? If not, let me know and I'll check with UPS.

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do you know anyone in our neck of the woods that reloads 22-250AI ? NO, I haven't foresaken our favorite caliber !!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Charlie, Give me a call. I need for you to make a decision for me.

The most important things, Are not things.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    busted 4 ditchdiggers this evening. 426 was longestshot,poor thing didnt have a chance[:(] couldnt see it too well due to the foilage, one quick blow on the referee whistle stood him right up. what a blast. im trying to figure out this picture posting thing. i have an all in one printer/scanner/copier that should be able to do it, not sure if i need some type of program or not. if i ever figure it out, i'll post some of my custom hog/benchrest rifles. btw, the burris signature scope is awsome.[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I sent out your half of the 50 Gun Raffle ticket, this morning!
    Thanks for helping me out last night with the Halo site. Ma bought me one of those Gunsmith's Maintenance Centers last night for Valentines day, so I think Ill get the 11/87 out and try it out by mounting that site!
    Pa.

pa.gif

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bet you don't see any whistlepigs tomorrow !! Here in Lunchbag it's been sleeting, raining, and snowing since Fri. night. Current conditions-19 degrees, light snow and sleet, ice all over the trees, wind at 20 MPH, and more of the same tomorrow !
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ran the virus scan this morning. No virus... Not sure what the problem is.. Swwbo/Karen... Have I mention I hate the name Swwbo??

Chihuahua_mexican.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I need a favour?Ive been told of a fellow who does Taxidermy somewhere between Meadows of Dan and Martinsville?This was passed on by a third party and he dont know exactly where this guy is located.But this guy has an FFL and is supposed to be one of the best Taxidermist around.He used to have some land their near 58 fenced in where you could hunt wild bore he would ship in.Ive tried to gain any info on this guy,it may be someone who works for him in the shop that does the taxidermy?Are you aware of any Gun stores on 58 to Martinsville or could it be that he is in Martinsville?I have a prestigious Mount I need done,plus we got some Tax$$ back and I'm looking for a gun.Me and my wife may drive down there tomorrow,if I can find anything out? Thanks!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, needed to ask you, does your gunsmith buddy have a ny Savage 110 barrels for long action? That 30-06 has done did ticked me off, I spent the money at the smith for having it cut, recrowned and headspaced now it appears to have a bulge in the chamber. Since a Savage has a simple barrel swap system I can by a headspace guage and barrel nut wrnech and switch it myself. Looking for maybe a .270, 25-06, 7mmMag, .300Winmag or some else that sounds appealing! let me know as I want this gun for deer season!

line.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, I think you may like this page, check it out http://www.egpworld.com/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    did you get the email i sent you with my address?
    was in Sioux falls this weekend and the Scheels store got me..:-)i got a chronograph now i can really get down to business on the long range shooting instead of going by the reloading books published velocity
    i tested it this morning(before i fed the calves:-) with a 22 rimfire and there was 156fps difference in just four shots..i would have though they would have been closer than that.
    doc
  • Options
    edited November -1
    First let me say Im sorry about the Dog,I know how it feels I lost one of my Dobermans about three years ago and still havent got over it,I dont know if I ever will.You can really become attached to a Dog.My question was,did you hear anything about a Police Officer getting killed in Martinsville Last year sometime?

Thanks!!

Happy New Year!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did you get my email of Monday?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Found some 222 Rem brass. It's 50 nickel plated pieces and not the magnum stuff but I have no use fer it. Want it?

"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend."
    ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry, no luck in Richmond on your bullets. Lots of militaria and empty tables due to the recent weather. Hopefully, the Salem show will be better.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That "cow college" of yours looks like they have a really tough schedule this year
    Central Florida and then JMU tomorrow !!! UVA would be ashamed to scrimmage a team like those ! HOPE YOU DON'T LOSE, OR YOU'LL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT !!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    been reading little bit about the 204 ruger.....i be thinking i need one of them, how do they buck the wind? i would think they would do pretty good going that fast.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't want to hear it !!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just ordered the Savage 93 BVSS and wanted to know what that replacement trigger group was and where to order it? Also is the receiver grooved for a scope mount or is it drilled and tapped? I'll be looking to put a variable power ,A/O scope around 40MM on it so what would my best option for mounts be.

Thanks again for the wealth of information you have supplied concerning this topic,Josey.

"If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878<P>
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Weather must be getting bad over your way. They just cancelled my run to Roanoke. Have to do all this training on the computer to make up for it (lol). Not my fault if the company training program won't load.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    edited November -1
    saw a whistlepig today ! Won't be long now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did you get the e-mail I sent to you today from work?

Chihuahua_mexican.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just saw your post about coming up this way next month, keep me posted and if I'm home during that week that may work. Also this company I'm hooking up with this week will run me thru your area quite a bit, I'm planning on taking my "pea shooter" in the truck with me, if I get the time running thru there I'm always up for hog huntin.

Do you rememebr the link we posted here a couple months ago on the HRM? it was the one where dude was popping prairie dogs at very long ranges and doing other tests with the gun. If you have that link can you post it here?

Edited by - 7mm nut on 06/16/2002 21:56:12
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i ordered some 85&100 grainer v-max moly for the 6mm to try out some factory loads. i'm curious to see how they perform vrs my handloads. going out in the morning with a lifelike bin-laden target to try out some extreme range shots. i came very close to purchasing a .17 savage stainless heavy barrel. i bought a springfield x/d autopistol instead. let me know if the whistle stands'em up[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i ordered some 85&100 grainer v-max moly for the 6mm to try out some factory loads. i'm curious to see how they perform vrs my handloads. going out in the morning with a lifelike bin-laden target to try out some extreme range shots. i came very close to purchasing a .17 savage stainless heavy barrel. i bought a springfield x/d autopistol instead. let me know if the whistle stands'em up[:p]
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    7mmnut, Thanks! You were right I did enjoy it. I think those old boys take this groundhog bit seriously!!! GHD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Up untill it got cold here again a couple days ago the little buggers started sneaking out of their holes, driving down the road and seeing them standing there going "ha ha can't get me" has got my blood boiuling for some shootin! Times a comin up here for the summertime target practice sessions to start. Maybe I should go by a .416 rigby or something since I use such an inferior round.
  • Options
    robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bet you couldnt hit a ground hog at 50 yds. after you fired that rigby one time. You'd be more worried about your shoulder than the ground hog, He He! I know I would be!
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LOL, that video I shot today, I cracked one out of the 760 gameblaster first, then when I picked up that .223 I freakin missed the first shot at the jug! I know all about the flinchies! I don't know what it is about that dang pump gun but man it kicks, no matter what load I put in it it kicks like a dang mule!