In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Missouri hunting lunacy

RedlegRedleg Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
OK, this is my second season hunting toms down here so I missed this requirement last year, and that's my fault.I saw on the regs today that if you hunt with a shotgun for turkeys in MO, you must affix a "BE SAFE" sticker to the receiver of your shotgun so that it is in your line of sight as you aim. OK, that's about the most unsafe thing I can think about.It's low-light and I'm trying to pick up the front bead...but all I see is this BE SAFE sticker. What politician with too much time on his hands came up with that one?Brian

Comments

• Options
    DarkStar11DarkStar11 Member Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stupid, stupid law . . . but sounds like it could be a prime business opportunity, esp. if the idiots actually enforce it. Make stickers that are only visible with a black light that say BE SAFE. Or make the text in Black, gunmetal blue, or camo (Pick your Pattern) -- or clear with a 60% gray outline. Or all of the above. Hey, if the law only says "sticker that says ...", why not? Do they specify that it be in Blaze Orange? Let the b@stards choke on their own drink...
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redleg, are you serial? Not funnin'? This is the same idiocy that causes there to be three pages of warnings in the manual for a new hair dryer.
  • Options
    DarkStar11DarkStar11 Member Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you hunt gobblers with centerfire rifles in Missouri? By state law is it OK to be less safe with a .223 than a 12 gauge? Oh, that's right, I forgot, y'all got those special 12 gauge Sniper Shotguns that can outdo a 50 BMG at 1000 yards . . . and that just wouldn't be sporting, especially since you have a turkey call to help lure 'em in UNDER 1000 yards . . . once you get that close with a Missouri 12 gauge you really gotta be extra safe and have a sticker to remind you of that. Isn't St. Louis also known for having dead people vote heavily for Democrats? Maybe a dead person sponsored this bill? Heck, they've even elected dead folks to office, haven't they?[This message has been edited by DarkStar11 (edited 03-27-2002).]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,987 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So, let me get this straight Darkstar, you prefer LIVE politicians???
  • Options
    BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redleg,That reg has been in effect here for many years. The sticker is actually part of your transportation tag and is bright yellow. I think the concept of it is that you won't really see it (I never have noticed it), you can't read it (prints too small and too close to your eye) but your brain knows its there to make you double check you target before you shoot.DarkStar, rifles are illegal in MO for turkeys.KCI don't know what caused it, but "hunters mistaken for turkeys" have fallen every year, so why not? I won't tell you to violate the reg or not, but I will tell you this; Don't take that shotgun to the check-in station without that sticker on it.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You mean you hafta take a turkey to a check station in MO????????? Ohhhkkaaaaayyyyy