In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Vultures-leeches-maggots and all around scum!!!

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited August 2002 in General Discussion
Geneva-AP -- The European Union has been given the go-ahead to slap up to four (b) billion dollars worth of trade sanctions on the U-S.

That's the biggest penalty ever allowed by the World Trade Organization, which okayed the E-U action today.

The U-S has admitted that a special tax break granted to American firms that do business abroad amounts to an illegal subsidy, but argued the penalty should be held to one (b) billion dollars.

Experts say the sanctions would be so damaging to trade on both sides that they would likely seek a compromise

Comments

• Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    alladen, For a minute I thought you were listing the candidates names for our upcoming elections.
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, geeeh, they can subsidize their members, but noone non member country can subsidize their corps, sounds like the same thing we did to canada for their subsidies to canadian bacon a few years back.

Well, we are about to start experiencing what alot of americans have been wanting to do for along time, close our doors up and the heck with the rest of the world.

This will be trouble, for our economy

"The great object is that every man.... everyone who is able may have a gun." Patrick Henry
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The trouble is, this was probably installed originally to encourage American businesses to risk start-ups in the various little countries of the Soviet Union. I don't think a lot of that new business has produced much profit, so with the loss of tax breaks there will be that much less impetus for companies to invest in Eastern Europe.

- Life NRA Member
    "If cowardly & dishonorable men shoot unarmed men with army guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary...and not by general deprivation of constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878
  • Options
    Jody CommanderJody Commander Member Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dang! I read the title of this topic and came here expecting to read some good lawyer bashing. Thats Right! go ahead and disappoint a Man to death!
  • Options
    hobbisthobbist Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know what piss me off? It is our money!
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For a moment I was thinking this was a general call to dispose of a rotting corpse......

LOL!

JD

400 million cows can't be wrong ( EAT GRASS !!! )
  • Options
    charlie15charlie15 Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dang alledan, when i saw your post title i thought maybe you had meet my ex-mother in law!!

IF A GOVERMENT'S OPPRESSIVE, THEN REPRESS IT!!

Edited by - charlie15 on 08/31/2002 22:17:26
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    If they want the money they should pay back the reconstruction loans they got after WWII. There still are a few countries that haven't payed a penny and i believe France is number one on the list.

Judge-I don't know about you -he he
  • Options
    kaliforniankalifornian Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like somebody doesn't like the protection of NATO anymore . . .

So many guns, so little money . . .
  • Options
    SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    damn i thought you had pegged the one who got us with the e. williams bit

SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,RUSTY WALLACE FAN AND AS EVERYONE SO OFTEN POINTS OUT PISS POOR TYPIST e-mail:WNUNLEY@USIT.NET