In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who's taking the pennant this year?

RedlegRedleg Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
My bet's on the Mariners.The past few years, they've been "bracketing the target" so to speak. The next correction for them is "Drop 50, Fire For Effect"

Comments

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I try to remain consistant in my life. So for the 36th year my answer will be the same.....The Chicago Cubs.....As you may have guessed, I have been disappointed a few time...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:
    I try to remain consistant in my life. So for the 36th year my answer will be the same.....The Chicago Cubs.....As you may have guessed, I have been disappointed a few times...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess I made my point, so how do I delete multiple posts ???
  • Options
    EDHEADEDHEAD Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    st. louis cardinals, all the way(i hope) any other redbird fans out there?
  • Options
    BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's in the Cards. IF these pitchers can keep from blowing up their arms.

KC
  • Options
    PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BRAVES

The Almighty Himself Entrusted the Future of All Living Creatures to a Wooden Boat.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -"Audemus jura nostra defendere"
  • Options
    jastrjastr Member Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    San Fransisco Giants baby! 6-0 so far. Didnt get the score on the dodgers game last night

lets all be responsible! shoot a criminal!
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Remington......could be Colt? Not sure. :)

Merc

NO! You may not have my gun! No go crawl back into your hole!
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    go cubbys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    adminadmin Member, Administrator Posts: 1,079 admin
    edited November -1
    Pelican, my brother, I never knew you were a believer. If you ever come up atlanta way I got the tickets!
  • Options
    TeamblueTeamblue Member Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been a Cardinals fan since I was old enough to spit, and this year boys she's gonna be a Red October. GO CARDS!!!

1* Victory through Valor 1*
  • Options
    mcneely77mcneely77 Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It has to be the Cubbies. Ron Santo gave his right leg for a pennant. Look at their uniforms, Red, White, Blue. You figure it out.

IALEFI, ASLET, NRA and all around good guy.
  • Options
    nashflashnashflash Member Posts: 727 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pelican, I do so hope you are right. GO BRAVES !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cap those players salary, wait three years and then let's see who's on top. The teams with the most money buy the best players and those teams are called great. To heck with the baseball, money decides who will be on top, money buys the best hitters, best pitchers and fielders, too much emphasis is placed on a few high dollar players to win the game, the rest of the team just fills the roster.

If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
  • Options
    bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gonna be the Cards all the way....IF....and that is a BIG if....LaRussa wakes up and gets Benes out of the rotation. Heck, get him off the team! Saw them in person last Thursday. Played a great game with the Rockies until Benes melted down in the 4th. Didn't do too great in his last start either. Heard Smith is coming up from Memphis to take Williams spot in the rotation. Maybe he will do OK, and Williams will come back strong soon. One thing that really impressed me about this team as opposed to teams in the past is the defense Tino Martinez played. He is good! Not McGuire with the bat, but not a statue at first either.
  • Options
    Patrick OdlePatrick Odle Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who gives 2 hoots in hell. I used to be one of the most loyal baseball fans in the world. Betrayal without provocation is unforgiveable under any terms. When they screwed all their fans by striking that season, as far as i'm concerned they might just as well
    moved to Mars. The empty 3rd decks and only about 10% filled 2nd decks
    for years afterwards showed that I was not the only one and until the Malone homerun fiascio the gradual comeback started. If you betray or attack me without reason, better make it a good shot for one is all you get.I am by no means Jesus And unlike him I do not ever forgive a
    premeditated or un provoked Attack on me or mine.
  • Options
    gunboobgunboob Member Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well,...being from Illinois, I guess I should favor cubs, but, I worked in that damn town soooo long,....(the Mo. one) I got to get sumpthin back, so, St. Louis CARDINALS. Ooooops,...they jist won again.

Bob
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You mean anybody cares? I stopped paying attention when they moved
    the Dodgers from Brooklyn.
  • Options
    ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right on Redleg

GO M's

chity chity bang bang
  • Options
    Captain 241Captain 241 Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Detroit (LMAO)Tigers

If you need a Second Shot, YOU NEED MORE PRACTICE
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I have something in common w/ the Cubs fans when I softly whisper "Fenway Park," but who knows? For the price of a ticket, though, I could subscribe to cable for half the season. Hard to get excited about it these days, or, indeed, any professional sports.
  • Options
    Bushy ARBushy AR Member Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1