In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What's the difference?

will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
edited August 2003 in General Discussion
If a cop gets smacked,knocked down, or slammed against a wall and injured it's OMG terrible. If I comment on this forum that I got freight trained by a snotty cow, slammed against a wall, knocked down, run over, stepped on, and generally whupped all over, will there be as many sympathy responses? Both people doing their jobs and both get a case of whupazz-seems to be the same to me. I'm not trying to make any statement about a specific person or instance but why make it a public event if you get creamed at work?
Not too far from here, a Deputy Sheriff was shot and killed on the job. The outpouring of sympathy has been tremendous. That's fine and I'm not saying it's incorrect. A few years ago a distant relative was killed when a cow knocked him down and stepped on his chest. The incident wasn't plastered on every news channel in the state nor was there the great crying and wringing of the hands all over the area. He was doing his chosen job and made a fatal mistake.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    HAVE YOU NOTICED ???

As you watch the flooding in the Midwest, have you noticed that there are no farmers running around with stolen plasma TVs or holding stolen liquor over their heads. There is no looting or yelling, "Where's Bush?", "Where's FEMA?, Where's my check?" or, "Why isn't the Government out here saving me and my farm?"

You see the people living there filling their own sandbags.

Likewise, I've also noticed there are no reports of any other country coming to help or sending aid.

Shocking contrast isn't it???!!!!

Cedar Rapids and New Orleans

HOW COME THERE IS SUCH A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS FLOODING AND THAT OF NEW ORLEANS????

WHEN NEW ORLEANS FLOODED, IT WAS A RACIST PLAN TO WIPE OUT BLACK PEOPLE.

NOW THAT WHITE PEOPLE ARE GETTING FLOODED OUT, WE NEED TO INVESTIGATE, WHO ???

I heard a dimwit on Fox yesterday say that this reminded him of New Orleans. How?

Outside of being flooded, there is no looting, no people wandering the streets looking for meanness, no grocery carts being shoved through the water carrying stolen big screen TVs, no people sitting on the tops of their houses waiting on the government to come and get them, no police abandoning their posts, no Iowans bitching how the government and George Bush is failing them.

There is not one thing, other than water, that is similar to New Orleans.

The streets in Des Moines are empty. People left when they were told to evacuate. They didn't whine, *, blame the government for the broken levees. They did what responsible people do in a crisis.

The actions of the people of Des Moines only makes the actions of the people of New Orleans look worse.

A few pointed questions about the Iowa floods:

Where are all of the Hollywood celebrities holding telethons asking for help in restoring Iowa and helping the folks affected by the floods ???

Where is all the MEDIA asking the tough questions about why the Federal Government has not solved the problem???

Asking where the FEMA Trucks (and Trailers) are ???

Why isn't the Federal Government relocating Iowa people to free hotels in Chicago ???

When will Spike Lee say that the Federal Government blew up the levees that failed in Des Moines ???

Where are Sean Penn and the Dixie Chicks?

Where are all the looters stealing high-end tennis shoes and big screen television sets?

When will we hear Governor Chet Culver say that he wants to rebuild a "vanilla" Iowa, because that is the way God wants it?

Where is the hysterical 24/7 media coverage complete with reports of cannibalism and shooting at helicopters?

Where are the people declaring that George Bush hates white, rural people?

How come in 2 weeks, you will never hear about the Iowa flooding ever again?

Just wondering...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What's the difference between magnas, coke, presentation, and target stocks on S&W's?

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This gun listed at 99% has no bids while Locust Fork's similar gun unfired has many bids totaling more. You wouldn't think that unfired nickle is all that much more desirable than a 99% blue, right?

Is it the fact that she shows many pictures and the box while the other is just 2 pics of the gun?

pix1593004390.jpg

pix1411310875.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have heard a few terms that I ain't familiar with and I hope none are racist terms:

Cajun-kinda know but........
    Creole-thought his was the same as a cajun
    Mullatto(sp)-Santa Ana was caught with one of these girls I think.
    Mick(sp)-what in the world is a mick?

"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend."
    ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cajun - Louisiana descendent of Acadian immigrants from Nova Scotia
    Creole - Person of European descent born in West Indies
    Mulatto- offspring of black and white parents
    Mick - Irishman
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks! Looks like I am an American with "Mick" heritage. I had no idea Irish folks were called that.

Now, is there some sort of Cajun that is French or am I missing some history on the above mentioned?

• Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chris and a "coonass" is a cross of all those plus two or three more...........[:(]

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.

" There's plenty of room for all God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes."
    <')))><

<')))><
  • Options
    edited November -1
    *- the sound a Beretta makes when fired (per Mark Christian)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will: Acadians are French.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DancesWithSheep
    Will: Acadians are French.

I kinda figured that for some reason. Thanks.

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by COONASS
    Chris and a "coonass" is a cross of all those plus two or three more...........[:(]

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.

" There's plenty of room for all God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes."
    <')))><

<')))><

I figured that one too.[:D]

What's the sound of a flat on a Italian road?

Daygo, *, *, *, *...............

• Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's one of the few things I don't have in me is "daegeaux"[V]

<')))><

<')))><