In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rotweiler mauling

loopasloopas Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Any one here of the death of a 10 year old girl in WI due to 6 Rotweilers attacking her? When are they gonna get smart and make people have permits to own these type of dogs. They really need to pass some sort of law allowing common folk to own these breeds of dogs. If you dont get a permit or you dont pass a compency test you should not be allowed to own these dogs. I`m glad I own a 454 casull gauranteed to stop any attack before it starts.

Comments

• Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a rather narrow minded opinion you have. Yes, some breeds may be more suseptable to voilence but dogs are somewhat like humans in that they are a product of their environment and up-bringing. Work with them, teach them, and let them be around people and you'll have a lot less problems. NOTE I didn't say no problems!Take a dog, chain it up and ignore it and it'll have never learned to interact with people. My sister has had 3 different rottweilers and the one they have left is a big baby. One had cancer, the other had heart failure. (BTW, my sister also has a 2yr old girl around the dog all the time)Personally, I'm still waiting for people needing to pass a competantcy test for a permit to have children! Then lets worry about dog ownership.GL
  • Options
    Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you hear about the person in Wisconson who got shot by a gun. I can't believe people would own a gun. They guns are so bad and dangerous. I am waiting for the day when a test and license is required before you can own a gun. There should be a limit of one bullet per family also.You gather my inferance?
  • Options
    jdb123jdb123 Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    apples and oranges, miss creant but of course you were kidding. i mean only a fool would compare 2nd amendment rights to own a firearm to {where in the constitution does it say you have a right to own a pet?}good try though.
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    Loopas,First for your 454 to have worked you would have had to been in the owners house where the attack took place. The child was invited into the house by the owners ten year old daughter they were the only two present. A week prior to this insident the dogs tore apart the families cat. I believe this was warning sign #1. Only one dog was liecensed by the town of Elroy. All 6 of these dogs were kept in this small confined house. Only one dog at a time was let out therefore none of the neighbors knew they had that many dogs living in their home. County DA has not decided on what charges will be filed but several are being looked at. All 6 dogs were put down and stomache contents are being examined to see which dogs were involved.
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live out in a rural area, where dogs are running in packs and getting into lots of mischief. It seems that my town brotheren don't have the heart to deal with their unwanted pets...so they bring them out here and dump them on us country bumpkins. Unfortunately, I don't have Animal Control to call. "I" have to deal with "their" problems.I love dogs and cats, and it breaks my heart (plus makes me fighting mad) to have to shoot them. But not a month goes by that I don't have to do away with someone's former pet.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,023 ******
    edited November -1
    Dogs are pretty much individuals, regardless of breed. You cannot generalize. I have seen more sweet, lovable, gentle Rotties and pit bulls than I have vicious killers.Statistically, the most likely dog to bite a child is...(ready for this?)...the Golden Retriever.My uncle, when he was a small child, had a pit bull that thought he was my uncle's guardian angel. Followed him like a shadow. Once was seen grabbing a mouthful of diaper and dragging the kid back from a Copperhead. My grandmother told me that, later on, if she had to spank my uncle, she either had to do it in the house or tie the dog up first. A dog like that is to be valued.My sister had a Saint Bernard, normally a very sweet dog, that turned into an unpredictable psycho-dog. She found it a job as a night watchman in a large plumbing supply yard.You cannot say that a particular breed of dog is dangerous. At least not truthfully. You can say that an individual dog is dangerous, based on certain indicators. I would not hesitate to shoot my own dog if it EVER showed an interest in biting a human.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord![This message has been edited by nunn (edited 02-18-2002).]
  • Options
    twinstwins Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where does the constitution say you can't have pets? Or is that an implied power of the state / local level that we citizens don't yet know about?I would venture a bet that more children are abused and killed each year by adults and or parents than by dogs. Do we put them down, we should , but do we? Where does the constitution say you can have kids?
  • Options
    niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe dogs are like children. If you raise them right, they will be very "polite" and very friendly. Without guidance and training, they both grow into wild heathens.That's not nature there, that's purely nurture.
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of course niklasal there are exceptions. I feel I was raised very well by my parents as were my brotheres and sisters. yet I was the only one to be a "wild heathen". I was a class A juvenile delinquent.I now have two boys I am raising the very best I can and I happen to have two * hounds who are better behaved than those two "wild heathens".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Miss.Creant-- It's a lot easier raising dogs than kids...and oftentimes more rewarding too. At least dogs appreciate what you do for them.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "It's all in the training of these misunderstood, not really, vicious breeds. Dog ownership and their training should be left as it is, under the discretion of the owner. Our dog wouldnt think of harming our infant so he's safe being exposed to the public." Leaving it up to a dog's discretion whether he should bark, threaten or bite defies reason and makes me wonder if their owners have the mental equipment to be at large themselves.Having been bitten, intimidated and menaced by many unrestrained dogs, I have no tolerance for this hare brained defense of unrestricted dog ownership.If you need the ego trip of owning a dangerous breed to frighten people then you need a psychiatrist.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I love dogs and agree that if you raise a dog proper there should be no problems. There are no gaurantees though. It just ticks me off that a innocent little girl has died from what appears to be stupidity. As far as the 454 goes I`ll stick to cats that are dumped off in the country by worthless owners. Shoot Shovel and Shut up.
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I remember right they do have a law where this happened. Only three dogs are allowed in the residence by law and only one dog was registered for that address.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Regardless of how well behaved a dog may be, small children and large dogs DO NOT MIX. It's a combination for trouble.
    Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it, worry about the fragmentation grenade addressed 'To Occupant'.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Several years ago when pit bulls were getting all the negative press, an idiotic Councilwoman in a neighboring town tried to get a city ordinance passed outlawing the ownership of these "dangerous" breed of dogs. Nobody had been attacked by one in her town, but she was "just trying to be proactive."I wrote a letter to the editor of the local rag and suggested that if laws were going to be passed based on national bite statistics, maybe we should take a look at national crime statistics. These stats. show black people are involved in 70% of violent crime nationwide, so why wouldn't this "proactive" councilwoman propose local ordinances against blacks living in her town?Of course, I was ripped apart by all the bleeding heart liberals, calling me a racist, and I'm afraid my point was mostly lost. My point being, you have to take things like the biting pit bulls on a case-by-case basis. You can't condemn a whole breed of dogs anymore than you can condemn a race of people.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Reread what thesupermonkey said above. He's exactly right. As adults responsible for the safety of our children, we can't take "any" chances with animals that can harm them.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I agree with some others that you can not condemn the breed. I was attacked last spring by a Rotweiler. That particular dog was raised by a scumbag with several drug convictions so you can see were I'm going. I encounter others on a regular basis who are or appear to be docile and have not caused me any problems.It's all in the upbringing. Unfortunatly a large % of these dogs are owned and raised by undesireables who can't afford to feed their kids much less a dog. You always hear the same story from the owners "This dog wouldn't hurt a flea". Just because your kids can drag it around by the tail does not mean it will not attack a stranger that just means it is loyal to the owner.Any dog is capable of biting or attacking under the right circumstance.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All my friends and neighbors kids come into the house with my 155lb rotty. Never an indication of trouble at all. They cry because he licks them so much. Chalk one up for upbringing!!!I think we need to examine the social and economic background of the owners, that's where your answer lies.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just dont see any harm in getting permits for certain breeds. We have to have permits for other things...right? I would pay money to see a daschund maul a person to death.(HAHA) Do you get what I`m saying? I`m not trying to pick on rotys. Its just when a weiner dog (or any milder domestic breed) runs at me barking I usually can feel pretty safe. But if a Roty or pitBULL comes at me I run like hell then I check my draws. Thats all I`m gonna say. Thanks for all the replies.
  • Options
    smokinggunsmokinggun Member Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Hans GrueberHans Grueber Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That thing looks like a half-albino bat with the wings cut off!!! Only kidding, its a cute dog.
  • Options
    Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any dog can be bad, if you don't train it! We had a chocolate lab that was in a house fire. She was a baby and didn't seem to have anything wrong after the fire. Well, she start to be afraid of loud noise, didn't want people besides us in the house...she growled and snapped...she went to sleep as soon as she started doing this. We could have kept her until she bit someone, she was nice to us! I think every person who has a dog should be cautious. I always warn the kids about going up to dogs, why take the chance, you don't know how the owners raised it. I have seen a huge Rot. roll on it's back like a big baby, it scared me though because of all the stories I hear about them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I used to raise Dobermans and none of my dogs would attack anybody even if I was attacked. Thats the way they were raised. I would let my dogs out at night with no supervision and call them in twenty min. later. All my neighbors treated my dogs like their own. It didn't take long for them to get over their fear of Dobermans. Most people fear guns because they don't have any experience with them. Same way with certain breeds of dogs. And just like People, IT'S ALL IN THE BREEDING.(breeding meaning the raising of, not the literal sense)
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    I agree with you guys who say that, much like children, dogs mostly act on how they were trained.However, you have to admit that certain breeds of dogs simply have a certain degree of inborn predatory behavior in their genes.You cant raise a dog on vitamins and wheat germ and expect it to ignore a steak you put in front of it, for example.This argument that a dog's behavior is 100% entirely based on how it was raised can be extended to other animals too.Why not take a Bengal tiger and raise it from a kitten to be docile? It doesnt matter how you raise it, it's still going to chase down the mailman and eat him if he wears his striped uniform and hasnt bathed in a few days.I've owned German shepards and Huskies for years, and I've never had so much as a snap or snarl in the direction of any human from any of them. I credit that to a combination of good upbringing and luck. Shepard animals also have an inborn tendency to protect creatures percieved to be smaller and weaker than them.However, regardless of how much contact I gave them with other dogs, I could never get any of my shepards to be comfortable with other large predatory dogs. More like wary alertness at best.Shepards were bred to harbor a disliking for other predatory animals, mostly wolves and coyotes, but other dogs too.Certain breeds have been bred for personal protection, and bred to strongly dislike all humans except those that raised them. Simple as that. It's called One-Owner Syndrome, and it's very prevalent (but not guaranteed) in certain breeds such as Dobermans, Rottweilers, Mastiffs, and Pitbulls.Thats not to say good training cant break them of this natural tendency towards suspicion and aggression, but it takes effort.These animals are born to prey on weaker creatures, and born to look out for themselves and no one else.Dont get me wrong, I've spent time with and cared for several Rotties in my house-sitting days, even though I've never owned any. Except for one, they were all very personable and accepting towards the new stranger giving them food and taking them for walks.It's when people dont realize that they need strong training early to break them of their aggressive attitudes, or just dont care at all, that the survival nature of the animal comes out and maulings happen.Note that most mauling victims are small children and the elderly. Animals, especially naturally predatory animals, can sense weakness and smell fear. Easy prey, they think.The other minority of maulings occur when animals are provoked by either molestation from someone or lack of food or abuse, etc.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There is only ONE dog that truely is a a one owner dog. That's a Chow. I can't tell you how many people have bought these for their children without researching the breed. I used to sell critters for Doctor Pet Centers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "I would let my dogs out at night with no supervision and call them in twenty min. later" - That is reckless and down right lazy. I live in an apartment complex where people are so lazy they won't even take their dog out into the yard. They'll just open the door, tell them to 'go use the bathroom' and let them back in five minutes later. Mean while me and my dog (whose on a lease) get to deal with other dogs running up to us snapping, barking, and growling. To put it simply, if the dog is aggressive and gets within arms reach of my pup, or me I'm gonna kill it, period. As several unhappy whimpering dogs found out, I wear the steel toes for a reason. I haven't killed one yet, but by god I will if I have to. The one that really bothers me is the huge dark Lab our redneck neighbor keeps. It isn't one of those, bark at you and keep your distance dogs. It's one of those lowers it head, snarls and charges at you ones. We have little children playing out here for Christ's sake! I haven't seen it around in a while so hopefully someone put it down or the managers kicked him out. In any case, negligence bothers me. Despite how good you think your dog is, you really don't have a clue how he will react in any given situation. Dog owners should be accountable for their dog's actions. Ignorance isn't an excuse, if you can't control it you shouldn't have it. Munkey
    Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it, worry about the fragmentation grenade addressed 'To Occupant'.
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I have been reading all these posts and we all sure have a right to our opinions and heres mine. Rotwielders were bred for one reason, and we all know what that reason is. Not for a cuddly freind, not for a playmate, not for only companionship- you can get that with a poodle or a collie. You hardly ever hear of any other dog(s) attacking and killing people in such a way with other breeds (except may be pit bulls). These rotties are bred for their massive jaws. "Someone was shot, so lets take away guns?"You have control over what a gun does- you cannot have control over an animal does! Guns don't think and react- dogs do! Remember when we said "gun manufactures should not be sued for making a product,that kills,but it isn't the gun, but the person who uses it?" "If so- then we should be able to sue the car manufctures for making a product that also kills?" Behold- it is a right to own a gun- but only a privilige to drive a car. You are given permission to operate a vehicle because it is a privilige. There are laws regulating the privilige of owning certain animals because- there are always those who will not take the responibilty of raising a dog correctly and protecting those who could be in danger of this missused product. Why so many dogs? Is it for money? Protection? I would guess- money for breeding. You need only one dog to protect you not six! You cannot train six dogs at one time to be gentle. More than one dog is a dangerous situation and a pack of dogs will attack someone more reddily than one. I'm all against more laws, but in this case- the product has repeatidly shown to be a hazard and thus- regulations should be in order to protect us from the idiots who will not regulate themselves. A ten year old girl went thru a torturous death because someone wanted to own six dogs capable of killing and was bred for just that. I'm sorry, but this just don't get it! There are no excuses, no explanations, nothing to say other than murder charges to the owner(s). It sickens me when people put "their wants" for animals above the saftey of their kids or family or neighbors. I have a neighbor (irresponsible) who has a pit bull. I told him if I see that dog in my yard, I will shoot on site as I will not have my kids in even the slightest danger. If I had the same dog- I wouldn't blame him if he did the same. This is my opinion- take it as you will.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    daddo, you have a LOT of reading to do. Rotts were bred for their ability to control the herds of animals in ancient Rome. They were basicaly shepards (not the dog type). They were allowed to almost die out when slaves replaced them. A german who was in Rome saw the breed and decided to carry it back to Germany for it's use as a herder and herd protector. It's intense loyalty and intelligence made it a perfect dog for the intended purpose and they are still used for this hundereds of years later. The town in Germany by the way was called "Rotweill" meaning "red Roof" for the shingles they used. You are confusing the training and inbreeding of these animals by the worthless sect of society who deems it necessary to have dogs for fighting and profit. These dogs, when purchased from someone who has provided a bloodline study and papers of the dogs ancesters being imported, are a truly loving, accepting, and loyal animal as well as very docile. They must have a dark brown color or rust not a tan color on their bowtie and eyelids. This is a sign of "pure" lineage. The size of a dog is not even a factor. The meanest dogs according to the AKC as far as kids and biting people go, are very small, Yappy dogs that the ignorant owner thinks are the safest due to their little body. Datschunds were bred to fight inside of a sack with weasels and *. Did you know that? There are many other examples also.Rots are actually seen as one of the least agressive dogs among the large breeds by the AKC, that is supposing a loving home environment and control of wrong behavior early in life. All dogs exibit bad behavior early in life, it is the rule of the dog society. One must prove itself the Alpha Male. Once it is proven to not be , by the OWNER, then it will always follow the commands of the Alpha male (owner). Any good breeder will emphasise this point. They are easy to control by a concious owner who has been educated as to any dogs psychology.I will, however, agree with your pit bull opinion. I do not trust them as they have been too far inbred in this country by the worthless ones who exploit their physical stature for monetary gain. And no-one should have 6 in a house in town. This is for a farm house miles away from town and/or neighbors. The breeder is the one who should have that many, of course, a reputable breeder would have mild mannered, pure ancestry dogs anyway and this would not even be debatable.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That reminds me... how many of you know someone who let's their dog snap at them? I had a small Chow puppy, but was forced to give him up when I found out I was moving. I ended up giving him to my girl friend's sister. Now I hear that he growls at people who go near his food or try to take stuff away from him! I keep telling her she needs to do something about that before he bites someone. After I had Brownie a while he started getting a little too aggressive. He would playfully nip at your heels, bark, and run circles around you when he wanted to go out. One day while he was still only 6 or 7 months old I gave 'em a chew stick and he sat under my computer chair like always. I accidentally bumped him with my foot, and I heard him growl. "HEY! NONE OF THAT!!!" I scolded. He rolled his eyes and went back to chewing his raw hide. A few minutes later I accidentally bumped him again. He jumped up with his ears back and teeth showing. "That's It!" I said. I grabbed him up by the scruff of his collar, put him across my lap, spanked him, and put him in his cage. I left him in his cage for about 20 or 30 minutes, then I took him out and played with him so he would know he was still my buddy, and I wasn't mad. He hasn't snapped at anyone since, and when I say "NO" he listens. MunkeyPs. This works with kids too...
    Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it, worry about the fragmentation grenade addressed 'To Occupant'.[This message has been edited by thesupermonkey (edited 02-20-2002).]
  • Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NIKLASAL YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD......DOGS ARE LIKE PEOPLE...SOME ARE GOOD, SOME ARE BAD REGUARDLESS HOW THEIR RAISED.......BUT A VERY VERY HIGH % IS BASE ON THE WAY THEY ARE RAISED WHEN YOUNG ,WILL DICTATE WHAT THEY WILL BE WHEN GROWN UP....I HAD REG PIT BULLS FOR APX 20 YEARS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.......MOST OF THE DOGS WERE FROM PARENTS OF FIGHTING DOGS..DOGS THAT MADE MONEY FOR THEIR OWNERS.....I NEVER DID FIGHT , DON'T LOKE IT.....BUT TWO OF THESE DOGS STAYED IN SIDE AND PLAYED WITH THE KIDS............POODLES AND TACO BELL DOGS BITE AS MANY PEOPLE AS PITS AND ROTTLES...YOU JUST DON'T HERE ABOUT IT ON TV AND IN THE PAPERS..........THE NUT THAT SAID GOLDES BITE MORE PEOPLE, BETTER DO SOME MORE RESEARCH
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Justc= You make very good points, however this is not Rome- this is today! The Romans I'm sure bred these under supervision, not like today, as any idiot can breed these dogs and let them take their course-as you see with the 10 year old that is dead. A datshun (i can't spell that right) was in fact, as you say a hunter to cut the legs of an animal to stop it. How many Datshuns have torn the flesh of a person to death on purpose?? They are quite differant in nature and as a kid- we raised them and never had one kill any of my freinds or neighbors! Since the "Roman times" these Rotties have changed because of expectations due them. Are they not bred for fights? Are they a loving dog only to the owner? They will attack- and when they do- they don't stop!!! If I owned a lion (by years of domestication) would you feel your kids could play with it safley? Would you take that chance? I must take that chance, when an owner of a Rottie tells me - "don't worry, he/she has never biten us". I am not "us" I am a stranger to that dog! You don't trust pit bulls!!- Why? For the same reason I don't trust Rotties. You have answered my own- and your- question!
  • Options
    ironsitesironsites Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind of name is "coonass"? Can't think of anything better- like- "I stupid"!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As I said, the small sect of society who deems fighting necessary, breeds them that way. My point originaly, is that the social and economic background makes the dog. Where do most dog fights take place? Where are pit bulls as present as mosquitos? 99% answer to both question is the same. Lesser desired areas of town etc. No, not all, but the extreme majority do. Is this not the same area of town with the least education and highest crime rate? Does this environment and the attitude/intelligence of it's inhabitants not DIRECTLY translate into the upbringing of the dogs sadly living in these areas. That's the point. Rotts and even the pure bloodline examples of pits were and are NOT born mean. Dogs do not have the ability of reason. Therefore a mother dog does not teach young dog to bite by saying "always bite people you don't know". The animal will always learn by experience only. If it has been abused ( back to the upbringing) it will remember. This can be done with ANY dog. The size is irrelevant, the only difference in a mean chihuahua and a mean pit, is the strength. The dog doesn't know it's bigger, it can't reason.My female yellow lab tried my rott one day. He just looked at me as if to say, "get her off of me dad". He finally had to put her down on the ground to get her to let go. As soon as she did, he walked away. She had 1 puncture, he had 15. He knows better, because he was loved and disciplined from 8 weeks old. I didn't teach him that. He would be the same dog if he were a 7 lb lap dog. It's the environment, not the dog. So, if you want to effectively regulate the ownership of these dogs, you need only test the dwellers of the areas which produce the most dog fights, maulings, etc. Guess what, you have now singled out a portion of the population. That is unless you test everyone, which is the EXACT same thing as papering all of us honest gun owners because of the actions of the EXACT same * bag slice of society. A gun in my neighborhood is not the same as gun in (another) neighborhood, just as a rott in my neighborhood isn't the same as a rott in (another) neighborhood. See what I mean? I shouldn't be investigated to get a firearm because of someone else's actions, but I have to. I am not for adding any more investigative measures to the already overstuffed calander of political, regulatory agenda that seems to have become the new cancer of constitutional rights. Put a bullet in the owner, it's their fault.
  • Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ironsites...........WITH A REPLY LIKE THATI SEE WHY YOU DIDN'T (COULDN'T) FULLY FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE SHEET..........I GUESS YOU HAVE NO INTEREST , LOCATION OR A OCCUPATION........................................LOVE..............COONASS...........
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thesupermonkey; For one thing I didn't live in an apartment. I lived in a 4 bdrm. house on a large corner lot in a small development with a farm in the back. Like I said none of my neighbors had a problem with it(which I stated). The dogs did their business on my property which I cleaned up.Who the hell are you to judge me with out knowing the facts!
  • Options
    HorseHorse Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have a problem with people treating people like people ,or people treating animals like animals, but I do have a problem with people treating animals as if they were people. We are talking about a little girls life. The dogs die, which they did, and the dogs owners go to jail! I have had problems with neigbors dogs in the past If the people could not be reasoned with, the dogs, after all attempts failed, disappeared forever
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When i was younger, i had part of my right ear bitten off by a dog, it was not a rot or a pit, it was your run of the mill small mut. My father went with the police to find the piece so it could be reattached, the owner of the dog came up, inquired about what happened with their dog and when informed they denied ownership. What it all boils down to is that it is in the care and training of the animal not the breed.
  • Options
    InlawsNoutlawsInlawsNoutlaws Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Coonass: a fine southern gentleman located in certain parts of Louisiana. Usually has a taste for the finer things in life... Huntin N fishin.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've heard enough. Seems some are more concerned for the dog, than the death of a young child who once put her trust in adults to do the right thing- "sad-very sad"!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rugerniner,Letting your dogs run around without supervision IS reckless, it doesn't matter where you live. Yeah, your dogs might be the sweetest animals on the planet to you, but you don't know how they will react to others. You don't THINK your dogs would ever maul someone, but then again no one does. I can't count how many times someone has said, "Don't worry he won't bite you", while the hair on the back of his neck, stiff posture and menacing growl told me otherwise. If your dog is off your property, and beyond your control, you are asking for trouble. Hence the term, "Leash Law".Munkey