In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger Blackhawk cylinder question.

H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
O.K. This is what I would like to know. Can any New Model Blackhawk .45acp cylinder work in any New Model Blackhawk in .45colt? Or would the .45colt have to be fitted to accept the .45acp cylinder? I want to get a .45 Blackhawk, and was wondering if I should just get the convertable model that comes with the extra cylinder or get just the .45colt model and look for a .45acp cylinder later. Also what if I get a stainless model? Would a blued cylinder work or would I also have to find a stainless .45acp cylinder?

10-X.jpg
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas

Comments

• searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    If you want the dual cylinder set up, you should buy it that way. If you are lucky enough to find one later, it will most likely cost you more money in the long run. A cylinder purchased later will have to be timed to your revolver. As for stainless or blue, if they are both made for the same revolver, I don't see what difference it would make.

Proud member of the NRA

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
    Abraham Lincoln

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
    Albert Einstein
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HS 10X, you got mail

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!