In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Scanning 35MM negatives to photo CD

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
edited August 2005 in General Discussion
I was over Walmart and wanted to have a couple hundred 35MM negatives scanned onto a photo CD. They say that it is too time comsuming and they can not do it. I checked another local photo shop and they want ALOT of money to do it. Does anyone know of a mail order place that specializes in transferring prints or negatives to a photo CD?
Thanks!

Chris8161
Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
stooges.jpg[IMG][/img][IMG][/img]springer.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
    It is pretty time consuming. I seriously doubt you will find someone who will do it for a reasonable price. My son wound up buying a scanner (around $100 a year ago) and went through three of them before he finished a bunch of family photos. The second two scanners were free on warranty.

His disks came out pretty nice.

york.bmp"No taxation without representation, Join the NRAI"m 53, punk,and I can STILL run a sub 7 second EL President, with hardball, a limited 1911, a secure rig, from surrender, starting 180 degrees out, with all hits in the C zone or better, and no mag well funnel, no mag base pads. You dont even know what that IS.

doop"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How about just having prints made from my negatives? Would that be easier or cheaper?
    Thanks

Chris8161
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just had a bunch done at the local K Mart. They are doing them very inexpensively. $3.98 is the price for one roll. But if you just bring in the negatives they will put as many as they can on a photo CD for the same $3.98 price. Last time I took in about 40+ negatives from various rolls shot years ago. It was the same $3.98 price.

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    If all else fails, I might be able to help out.

I got a 35mm negative film-scanner somewhere - once it is set up, it will take from 35-50 seconds per picture/negative.

The same with positive (for 35mm filmprojectors).

Polarbear.gif
    Polarbears walk a lonely path..

But we sometimes do kick back, relaxes and downs a beer. =o)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have about 300 negatives. My Walmart here in town said they do not have time to do it. I found a place online called Happy Photo, they will make prints of my negs for .30 each with a two week turn around.

Chris8161