In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Talked to Ruger Co. today

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
edited September 2002 in General Discussion
I talked to Ruger today and found out they are getting a lot of 45cal guns in need of repair from using 45cal. Wolf ammo. I told him I had only 50 rounds and he advised me not to shoot it.
They are not seeing any problems with the 9mm Wolf ammo, only the 45cal.
Also they still make Hi-Cap mags marked "Law Enforcement Only" and "Export" that they ship to other countries.
They have people in Washington and don't believe the sun will set on the ban.

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Options
    rameleni1rameleni1 Member Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't use Wolf ammo. I was just wondering if Ruger told you the exact problems caused from shooting the Wolf ammo. Was it the laquer melting in the barrel problem?

Rameleni1
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No it wasn't the laquer. I was more interested in what slides fit which guns and didn't write down what he said.

(When I'm on the phone I always have a pen in my hand and write things down no matter who I'm talking to. I have a good memory, but it's short.)

I believe he said the casings were exploding and the next round was cycling.

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    thesoundguy1thesoundguy1 Member Posts: 680
    edited November -1
    On the ban sunsetting...lets make them wrong!

www.waveformwear.com
    The new wave in free expression.
  • Options
    mcneely77mcneely77 Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I bought my Oly, Olympic Arms told me not to use wolf ammo in my Ar 15. The said it was because of the lacquer among other reasons.

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.

IALEFI, ASLET, NRA, and proud owner of a pair of S&W revolvers.