In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NEW TOYS: new additions to the family arsenal

mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
edited December 2004 in General Discussion
1. RUGER VAQUERO SAA REVOLVER
.45 LONG COLT / 3 3/4" BBL
POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL FINISH
BLACK MICARTA BIRDS HEAD GRIP
KBNVBH-453

this one is going to my dad. its only had 2 boxs of ammo put through it, the previous owner thought it kicked to much and bought a .32-20 WCF. we paid under $300.00 for it....

2. MODEL 1896 SWEDISH MAUSER BOLT ACTION RIFLE
CARL GUSTAFS STADS GEVARSFAKTORI 1905
6.5X55MM SWEDISH MAUSER / ALL INTACT (95%)
ALL NUMBERS MATCHING / BAYONET AND SCABBARD INCLUDED

this one is for me. i already own a CARL GUSTAF 1916, but this one is so fine that i could not pass it up. we paid $175.00 for it...

3. BOW???
BEN PEARSON "STALLION"
MODEL 710-62"
10-5418
XX60#-28"
SM (on a little brass plate)???

this one is for my nephew. i know nothing about it. its big, heavy, wood, etc... i paid $30.00 for it...

HOW DID I DO???
ANYBODY ID THE BOW???
OPINIONS, COMMENTS, ANECDOTES???

i must be stopped...

best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
contact me at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com best regards, mike.

Comments

• Options
    ameriskinameriskin Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no pics?!?!

cody
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are no bad 6.5X55MM SWEDISH MAUSERS / ALL INTACT (95%) [:D]

sniper.gif
    NRA Life Endowment Member
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    You got ripped.

Just kiddin'! Sounds good to me, though I really don't know much about those types of guns.

I must say, the lack of pictures is stunning...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Recurve bow with a 60lb draw and a 28" pull is a very good hunting bow. Hope the shooter has strong arms but not too long, kind of like mine.[;)]

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you did good. Let us know how that bird's head grip feels. It looks good, but I've been wondering about recoil.

Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns cause they taste funny?
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. the RUGER weighs over 43 ounces when loaded, and while the grips are BIRDSHEAD, they are large in size, and fill your hand in a comfortable fashion. the gent who owned it was 5'5" tall and 140 lbs soaking wet...

2. the SWEDE may be a "designated marksman" rifle. the back of the reciever sports a target style / ladder style / peep sight. i cannot wait to wring it out, and the condition is absurdly superb...

3. can anybody ID the bow??? i know near nothing about them, and dont know if its any good, or what its worth. also i need to get it strung, and dont know how much it will cost...

i will attempt to post some pics from the shop this weekend...
    best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
    contact me at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com best regards, mike.