In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ving Rhames

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
quote:Ving Rhames was recently held at gunpoint in his own home by police officers who suspected he was burglarizing the property after a neighbor reported that a ?large black man? had broken in, the actor said on Friday.

Asked about racism on SiriusXM?s The Clay Cane Show, the Mission: Impossible ? Fallout star and Golden Globe winner went into detail about the alleged incident, which he said happened earlier this year around 2:15 p.m. in his Santa Monica, California, home. (A representative for the Santa Monica Police Department did not immediately respond to PEOPLE?s request for comment.)

Rhames said he was watching ESPN in his basketball shorts when he heard a knock at his front door.

?I get up, I open the door and there?s a red dot pointed at my face from a 9-millimeter [gun], and they say, ?Put up your hands.? Literally,? he claimed.

The police officer who allegedly pointed the gun at him was joined by two other police officers, a police dog and the captain of police ? the latter who eventually recognized Rhames not from his film work but because their son?s respective high school basketball teams had previously played against each other, Rhames said.

Asked why police were there, Rhames claimed police told them they were responding to a 911 call about a potential burglary.

?He said to me, ?A woman called 911 [and] said a large black man was breaking into the house. And so we came,? ? Rhames told Cane.

When Rhames went across the street to confront the neighbor with a police officer and the police chief by his side, the woman denied it, Rhames alleged in the interview.

?You can check this with the Santa Monica Police Department. They apologized and what have you,? Rhames said. ?This is the God?s honest truth.?

Ultimately, the incident left Rhames feeling concerned for the safety of his teenage son, Freedom.

I'm sorry but that guy answers the door when I knock I may just pull a gun. Is not about color he is just big.

Keep thinking this is him but its not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2vNNqbl5Us

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,701 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should be easy to prove, if she called 911 then the lines are likely recorded. The lazy * reporter should file a FOIA request for the call. I'm not sure where the racism comes into play? The suspect was described as a large black man...and well he's a large black man.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So the cops told him which house the call came from? I suppose if Marsellus Wallace asks you snitch right quick [:D]. Don't no one wants to end up like Tony Rocky Horror with a speech impediment.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw this story before and I am having a had time believing it.

The guy is recognizable and I am sure his neighbors know who he is and where he lives.

I call BS

2400_ref-200x200.jpg
    RLTW

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This happened over two years ago...

All of the sudden it's front page news and a lead story on nightly network national news and CNN / msnbc...

Just before his brand new movie drops???

Mike