In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Picture your wife/girlfriend in the washroom doing

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,698 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
.....this.

I just packed this thing up to ship out tomorrow.

http://www.GunBroker.com/item/708922016

It is 60 pounds....which isn't the heaviest thing I've boxed up, but this thing has LOTS of moving parts. Its like putting pajamas on an adolescent robot.

Wrapping each leg in thick paper, only mashing ONE of my toes....then wrapping all of the legs in shipping plastic wrap. The actual mount mechanism trying to swirl around and catch another toe (I know your game silly tripod.) All parts are wrapped in paper and the whole thing is wrapped in cardboard. My mail lady is going to HATE me this week!!!
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    $100 for "shipping" is a good price, include "packing" and that's a really good price.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you get it all in one Box!

Wow the mail lady will be PO'ed

I am not up on prices but that seems like a good price on that tripod, congratulations.
    RLTW

• Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06

Wow the mail lady will be PO'ed

They routinely don't bother delivering my stuff. 32# of lead in a Priority Snall Small Flat Rate Box ...

Nice tripod. That would look good mounted in the back of my truck! [:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The actual shipping ended up being a little over $80, insurance got it over $100 pretty quickly....going to Texas. When listing the auction you just never know where something is going to go and what price it will sell for.

I figured the last Barrett rifle we shipped cost around $100 to ship, so I thought it might be in the ballpark of that.

I have one more tripod to get shipped. I am VERY glad they aren't going out on the same day. I don't think my nerves could handle dealing with both of them on the same day.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I sure hope you are not shipping to that same country you sent that rifle scope to [;)]a few years ago
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    I sure hope you are not shipping to that same country you sent that rifle scope to [;)]a few years ago

Can you imagine!!! If US Customs has a fit over shipping a Zeiss scope to New Zeland they would have a total meltdown over this. I'd have a hard time convincing them they were plant stands (but that would be my argument if I were to try.)
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seeing any of my wives in a washroom was rare, yet alone actually doing some work.
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    .....this.

I just packed this thing up to ship out tomorrow.

http://www.GunBroker.com/item/708922016

It is 60 pounds....which isn't the heaviest thing I've boxed up, but this thing has LOTS of moving parts. Its like putting pajamas on an adolescent robot.

Wrapping each leg in thick paper, only mashing ONE of my toes....then wrapping all of the legs in shipping plastic wrap. The actual mount mechanism trying to swirl around and catch another toe (I know your game silly tripod.) All parts are wrapped in paper and the whole thing is wrapped in cardboard. My mail lady is going to HATE me this week!!!

Sooooo......

The thread topic def. got me to click....but I was disappointed....and of course my wife is out of town tonight...dang it.[B)][}:)]
  • Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Picture your wife/girlfriend in the washroom doing this?

Nope.

But I can imagine the knot on my head if I tried to get her to do it[xx(]
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wild Turkey
    quote:Picture your wife/girlfriend in the washroom doing this?

Nope.

But I can imagine the knot on my head if I tried to get her to do it[xx(]

Thinking along the same lines. Did a search on the title of this thread, clicked videos,, eyes_big.gif

Think the "safe search" got turned off somehow.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmm...

I do the laundry for the girls...

And they have taken possession of some of my guns and knives...

What just happened???

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrmike08075
    Hmm...

I do the laundry for the girls...

And they have taken possession of some of my guns and knives...

What just happened???

Mike

This post made my day!!! [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The other day when I had some energy - and was not couch bound...

I reorganized both of the girls closets in a ROYGBIV manner...

And I do enjoy laundry and the washer and dryer and even am fair with an iron and some spray starch...

Something has gone hideously wrong here.

Mike