In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Corvettes

MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I was thinking about trading my Mustang GT in on a used 94 corvette. ANyone know how much these babies are to insure ?

God gave us all a gift. Have you found yours yet ?

Comments

• concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who cares?

My life-long dream is and will continue to be to get a Vette!

Go for it!

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    A lot[:0]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    back when i had this car (not too long ago) it cost $175 every six months added onto our policy for full coverage at a value of $6500. 1976, 350, 4 speed. Thing run like a graped ape and cost me my drivers license for 90 days, yes I was bad, very very bad[V]
    vette.jpg

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,363 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends on the state, city,, your record, liability limits, etc.

But,,, 1995 Convertible,, Houston, Texas,, extended liability 100/300 plus rent car, and some other stuff,,, perfect driving record,, no tickets in 10 years, no accidents,,
    $107.00 per month with GEICO.

Had this car since it was new, never a problem,, I'm very seldom in the US so I'll have this for a LONG time.

droptop95.jpg

When only the best will do.
    edited November -1
    Droptop "Hay thats not fair" (TOOLBRAT)

General TOOLS RRG

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had an 86 I bought in 94 and sold last year ... all I carried was liability ... clean record, over 40 and married cost me $180 every 6 months ... about a dollar a day ... I was bad too, but I never got caught!

P4090002.jpg

P4180007.jpg

Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In 1989 I insured 8 Corvettes. Don't ask?
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MFI,

E-mail me. We may have something to talk about.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimberkid and Bigtire, I'm going to get blasted for this and really blasted for the lecture i gave someone on speed a few months ago but here goes.

Rule #1, when someone in a GT Mustang rides your rear bumper at 3am trying to get you to flog it, DONT DO IT! Don't go past a used car dealership at 3AM trying to keep the Mustang from passing you with your foot almost on the floor, then when you see a set of headlights way back behind you trying to catch up, don't push the pedal to the floor. Them Crown Vics are faster then you think! We got clocked at 130MPH going past the dealership where he was setup with the radar, then when he was catching us he said I pulled away even faster, took them two miles to catch us! Almost went to jail for racing on public streets which is a felony in PA but only got charged with Careless Driving while speeding in excess of 100MPH, automatic 90 days suspension and lots of points! First time in my life I ever broke the speed limit and I got caught[}:)][;)][:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1995-1998 I insured our 1994 Corvette for $675.00 per year, taxes were another $600+. In three years we drove it about 7000 miles, kind of a waste of money.

7mm,
    We used to take the 1988 Corvette down to South St. Louis county on I55 and I270 and let the 302 Mustang Gt's play with us, we'd let them kids take off, catch em, leave em, slow down and let catch up and leave 'em again. That car was more fun, didn't cost as much.

KC
    edited November -1
    quote: First time in my life I ever broke the speed limit and I got caught
    Tea Right[;)][:D]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG