In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Has anyone seen Bucky? Please help...

greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
This is NO BS - I just saw it on the news.

A resident of Montgomery County, Md. (suburb of Wash, DC) saved the life of a young deer that was hit by a car a few weeks ago. The deer has now become a "pet" of this family, is upwards of 80-90 lbs and lives in the house as would a dog or cat.
The resident, now believing the deer should be released back into the wild called animal control hoping they would take the deer. Well Animal control wants to destroy the deer to check for CWD, so after hearing about their plans the resident drove the deer to some secluded spot and let the deer loose in the woods.

Now comes the unbelieveable part. On our local news channel,
NBC-Ch 4, is now showing a photo of the deer, Bucky, and asking any viewer if they see "THIS DEER" to call animal control immediately. Now, I ask you, is there anybody out there that can positively identify an 80-90 lb deer, with no horns, in a herd of deer or alone, to be "Bucky"...and not just an unrelated imposter?

How stupid is the media to go along with this request from the county and animal control?

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw a deer today, should I call them and let them know?
    Or do you think Colo. is to far away?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I hope they get swamped with calls.

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    One newscaster this morning was lamenting the lack of interest on the part of the public. They commented on how terrible it was for the public not to care about the general populations safety with a "sick" deer running around.

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    I think I saw Bucky yeasterday, here in Oregon.[:D][:D]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Bucky died two years ago. Weird thing is there actually was a deer that the local kids here had named Bucky, he was a 14 or 16 pointer with a terrible looking rack, nothing of size at all just small points sticking out everywhere. Anyway the kids would feed him candy and anything they had he'd come right up to them. Then one deer season two years ago little Bucky never showed up anymore...hmmmm I wonder how Bucky tasted..

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    I've got an idea. I'll reveal it after the nightly news at 7

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in the area, & it's actually worse than that.

The couple that found Bucky phoned the Dept of Natural Resources for help in relocating him, & were told that they might be arrested for illegal possession of wildlife. DNR followed up saying that would come to the house, but would tranq Bucky & euthanize him. Not wanting to 1) be arrested, & 2) see the deer killed, they THEN relocated him with help from neighbors.

After learning that Bucky was gone, DNR threatened to cite them for disobeying their instructions. When the story hit the news, they decided to just forget about the whole thing.