In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

shoot thru pocket holster??

SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
i'm thinking about offering these. ATF OK. (wallet holster with exposed slide)
this one is for sig p238 and fits perfect in back pocket. would be great in front pocket as well, but i've never carried that way.
the finger hole under the trigger actually makes for a better grip.
these could be made for the sig 238, ruger lcp, bersa 380 etc
i figure $35 would cover materials and my time.
if i offered it on the auction side would anyone be interested?

tom

Comments

• Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If memory serves me correct, there is no law saying you can't make / sell them.. but I thought if you put your pistol in one, it has to be registered an "AOW"????? I may be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    jacob, that would be true for the old sly wallet holster where the gun was not visible and could be fired in the holster.
    ATF rules that as long as the slide was completely visible (obviously a gun) it was a legal CCW.
    now, we've all seen aft reversals, and this ruling is less than 2 yrs old.........
    but, for now it's legal

tom
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ATF's position has not changed on this subject. There has never been a "visible slide" rule.

If the gun can be fired while it is contained in the wallet holster, the handgun combined with the wallet holster constitutes an NFA firearm.

See FFL Newsletter August 1997.

There is currently at least one manufacturer of pocket holsters, but I don't know what models they fit. They have a "sticky" outside that keeps them in the pocket when you draw the gun, a feature I think most folks would want.

Neal