In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt 1911 serial number 1629200

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Just got back from a pawn shop, they have a Colt 1911 serial 1629200, parkerized, SA marked on the right side of frame, Colt slide, they are asking $900....deal? 85% condition I would estimate.

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't count on it being original finish & original blue Colt barrel (but it might be). Probably refinished, but, if the bore is good, it would still be a good deal at that price.

Neal

EDIT: The SA stamp is for Springfield Armory. While they did rebuild firearms & stamp them, it was not uncommon for them to stamp firearms that they only inspected.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    I wouldn't count on it being original finish & original blue Colt barrel (but it might be). Probably refinished, but, if the bore is good, it would still be a good deal at that price.

Neal

The dealer said it was a 1944 model, the SA was a refinish proof on the frame, the parkerized finish shows wear in places but looks appropriate for the age of the pistol. I bet when I go back Thursday, its gone.[V]
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    If the refinish is the original one done by the Military not the second one done on the kitchen table by BUBBA it is a fairly good price. hard to tell without HANDS ON INSPECTION> It is the right serial range for COLT built frame to match a colt slide.