In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can't Feed the Deer

quamnetquamnet Member Posts: 332 ✭✭
edited June 2002 in General Discussion
Today in the newspaper I just read that here in Wisconsin it is illegal to feed the deer anywhere in the state. They say feeding them brings together unnatural numbers of deer together and would cause the spread of Chronic Wasting Disease. I understand the DNR's concern but for finding only 18 deer in a relatively small area infected, it seems like they are going to pretty extreme measures for the whole state. Including killing 25,000 deer in a 350 mile square area. Just my opinion on the topic but I think Wisconsin is going about this the wrong way. Too many healthy deer are going to be slaughtered for no reason......

Comments

• Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will you may not be able to feed them but can you plant food plots..
    I much rather food plots than feeding bag feed.........

coonass

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.
  • Options
    nelchrisnelchris Member Posts: 557 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey,why would you want to feed deer?
  • Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To become their friend of course..........

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Who are THEY? If it's the game Dept., I question there knowlege.
    Hundreds of deer die each year from illness caused from malnutrition mosty due to the overpopulation caused by regulation. Mans supposed educated intervention causes more harm than good in many cases.
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to your Local Grocery Store or Water Softner Company and purchase a 25lb. Block of Salt for $3.50.
    If you put it out they will come.

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    treedawgtreedawg Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    on my property the deer enjoy several mineral blocks and all the cracked corn they can eat....
  • Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The deer out in my neck of the woods aren't going to like that news. I had one in for supper tonight and we were chatting over pizza. He had the Papa Johns spinach of course and I the supreme. After finishing his popcorn and cola around 10:30 he left and told me if I heard anything new about feeding deer up north, get in touch. I advised him we meet at his place in the pines for burgers tomorrow, that is unless the Indiana Dept of Natural Resourses informs us we can no longer feed the deer.