In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This is total BS!!!!!

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Rusty, the neighbors son who spends more time here than at home, just came over. Seems one of his friends at the High School is in big trouble! According to Rusty, this guy never waves, his habit is to point his index finger at the other person with the thumb up in the air and the rest of the fingers folded into the palm to acknowledge them. A teacher mistook this for making the form of a handgun at her, and complained to the principal. According to Rusty, he was suspended from school and ordered to leave the property. Rusty and some his friends are going to the principal Monday along with several adults that know this is the boys way of saying hello to try to get him back in school.

What a crock!

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif

Comments

• Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Unbelieveable. Are these people nuts? Even if he was pointing an imaginary gun at her what? Was she afraid it would accidentally go off?

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some might consider it a gang slogan.

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    Some might consider it a gang slogan.

The kids around here are cowboys (goat ropers), not punks and thugs. Rusty thinks it's an issue of a white student and a black teacher, but I told him not to go reading things in that weren't there. I've meet this kid once about Christmas time. He seemed like a good kid to me. Very outgoing and happy.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Did I mention the Common Sence was not common amy more? [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • Options
    orca44magorca44mag Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gap, you're right...it has been replaced with "political correctness"
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dheff

Figured as such, But the way schools are going these days, like gap1916 said, no commen sence anymore.[V]

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Agreed. Total BS! [:(!]

f9ef9b6e.jpg

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    stories like this are common lately, heard on the radio this morning that an 8 yr old got suspended for kissing a * the cheek, they said it was sexual harassment. go figure
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    The irony is that if he had only flipped her off he wouldn't be in trouble now.

From85-01.jpgTosoftair-eagle.jpg
    And everything in between.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't they know anything. That is the sign language for hello for the deaf. ( at least say it is )
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Seen it happen in a kindergarten class...Most school districts have adopted a policy of 'Zero Tolerance', in response to the hyper-media coverage of school shootings. School districts are so paranoid that a tragedy is going to occur in their school that they have gone off the 'deep end", as far as their tolerance is concerned.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have kids yet, and by the time I do things are bound to be even worse. Reading about stuff like this practically makes steam come out of my ears right hear at the computer. And it's not even anyone I know. All I can say is if this happened to my kid, there would be so much trouble for that school they wouldn't know what hit 'em.
  • Options
    tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess if that poor kid were to put his hand in his pocket they [the administration] would accuse him of having a "Concealed Weapon"?

Tideman [Incensed in TEXAS]

"Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"
  • Options
    madmarc0madmarc0 Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What happened to just waving.

I measured it and cut it twice, and it's still too short!
  • Options
    TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Select-fire is right[:0]. That sing with a motion is very close to Hello in sing language. The diferance is that the little finger is also pointed out.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:he was suspended from school and ordered to leave the property.
    pickenup just shakes head in disbelieve.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Almost all teachers nowadays are democrats aren't they?

Have someone go to school with a Winnie-the-Pooh tshirt, a picture of Winnie and his pop gun, bet they get expelled.

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • Options
    hksrulehksrule Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a snatch. But really...who gives a snot about the brats that fester.
    [:D][?]

WordBorn!!
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    See what happens when people vote democrat.
  • Options
    redrebelredrebel Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they ever try to suspend my son for something as stupid as that that, they are gonna see harassment. [}:)]

powder_solvent.JPG

Oh Hoppe's No. 9 you are so fine.

I need to get me some more of those bullet propulsion devices.

One shot, one kill, 29 more for the thrill.
  • Options
    mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of course! Because these days, those that can't do, teach! [:)] Really, I can understand why a lot of kids these days totally ignore their teachers, especially middle and high schoolers, when they're teacher is relatively young and has done nothing else in life.
    'Let me get this straight...you're telling me I need to learn this stuff so I can be like you and get verbally abused at work for $25k/year? No thanks! I think I'd rather work on my jump shot!'

quote:Originally posted by Red223
    Almost all teachers nowadays are democrats aren't they?

Have someone go to school with a Winnie-the-Pooh tshirt, a picture of Winnie and his pop gun, bet they get expelled.

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    What a crock! But it sounds like a few good people are going to examine the sitution and hopefully reason and logic will prevail. Maybe.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    Brth729Brth729 Member Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're right. That is total BS. Uptight cracks like her shouldn't be teachers. My hat's off to the kids and parents who are going to the school. I hope it turns out in their favor.
    But on a lighter side, if you can find one in a situation like this, maybe she thought he had a booger on his finger and was trying to wipe it on her sleeve.

My grandfather once told me,"It's not what a man possesses that determines the importance and quality of his life, but rather what possesses the man.