In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Best 22LR target ammo

358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
What is your best pick for target ammo in 22long rifle?
I like Eley[:p] but price makes me shoot Federal[:(]

Comments

• punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    RickReno told me about the Aguilla 22 match in his Pardini working well. It is Eley primed but not Eley consistant but is a good value. On my Pardini it shoots either Eley (exceptionally well) or (of all things) PMC blue box not as well as the Eley but almost as well as the Aguilla. In this gun when you shoot Federal it might as wel be a shotgun but the Federal shoots very well out of the Anschutz.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    my vote goes for eley or fiochi, both are very accurate. also consider there are different classes of each brand.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Federal 711 Gold Medal

Federal UM1

Federal UM1B

everything else

If you know it all; you must have been listening.<br>WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    The only ammo I have found that fires consistantly in my Ruger 10/22, Ruger 2245, and browning .22 LR, is the CCI Mini mag.

None of the above will feed with Federal or PMC or etc...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    My vote goes for the CCI mini mag ammo. All my .22's are at their best shooting those bad boys.

f9ef9b6e.jpg

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    CCI STINGERS are very good

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    I've got acceptable prices on CCI.

I favour CCI Mini-Mag because it will make 1/4" 10-shot groups at 50 metres and do it consistently.

CCI Mini-Mag can hold 1/4" groups in my Ansh?tz and CCI Stinger will open up to hold 3/4"-1" groups at the very same distance.
    So as I prefer solid ammunition, I'd vote for CCI Mini-Mag.

Have tried American Eagle, Winchester and Remington - They are not nearly consistent in my rifle.

Have an old old pack of Eley, those blue packs where the 50 shots were packed upside-down next to eachoder.
    Smaller packs that doesn't fill up your pocket too fast.
    They're great, still good consistency, eventhough the pack is from '68.

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • alaskanmanalaskanman Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the federal's shoot great in my rifles, most all i shoot though are the remingtons.

www.alaskancampfire.com
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    All of my rifles shoot CCI mini-mag very well; however, my 10/22 absolutely loves Remington Green Tag Match Target.
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CCI Mini-mag.... for me in the CZ. Wife uses Winchester Super X in her Ruger 10/22.[8D]

It must be right, or we wouldn't do it this way!
  • shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    In 22 target pistol like the Pardini SP or the SW41 I use cci standard velocity for practice and eley for competition.

The cci leaves a lot of wax in the mag and makes me clean the mag too often.

I need to get a case of Aquila because the guys in the bullseye league are raving about it.
  • mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ideally, Eley Tenex for my Pardini SP and Toz-35M. More realistically, I've heard the Wolf Match ammo is pretty good. I'm trying the Remington/Eley stuff. Federal 711B is pretty good, but apparently has had several failure to fires in some batches.

Whoever said CCI stingers is on drugs.
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Green Tag Or Winchester Target.I tried the Winchester Supreme but they are not worth 12 bucks a box of 50.
  • TIREMAN1TIREMAN1 Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my opinion you must try different ammo and evaluate for yourself. I have found what shoots well in one gun may shoot poorly in another gun.