In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How to make a holster fit like a glove

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Just bought a new holster, Galco, but it's unlined and a very snug fit. I can wait until the holster breaks in a bit for the thumb break to fasten more easily, but I don't like the way I have to yank to draw. Anybody got any tips on how to make an unlined holster draw smoother, or how to make a tight holster fit better faster?
"The 2nd Amendment is about security, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."

Comments

• Options
    budmottbudmott Member Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ONLY experiance I have had is with the Pager Holster and it is their recommendation, not my recommendation. So, please don't screw up you holster.1. wrap your firearm in seranwrap.2. push into holster tightly.3. take a cotton ball soaked in alcohol and get the holster wet.4. form with your fingers to match the firearm.5. let dry, usually over night.That is what I did when I put my NAA in the holster and also what I did when I changed to the keltec. It worked. Now, their leather may be different than you leather.bud
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wrap your gun in one or two baggies, then leave it in the holster in a warm place for a day or two. I had the same problem with an Alessi holster and this worked for me.
    PC=BS
  • Options
    Submariner .Submariner . Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MY BRO-IN-LAW GOT A GALCO AND HAD THE SAME PROBLEM,IT WAS WEARING THE FINISH OFF THE GUN!!WE WERE AT A GUN SHOW AND WERE TALKING TO SOME COPS AND ONE GUY SAID HE USED SPRAY SILICONE ON THE INSIDE OF HIS HOLSTER AND IT HELPED ALOT AND HE SAID THAT IT MADE IT EASIER TO DRAW BUT IT STILL HELD THE GUN SECURELY
    Truck Driver,Submarine Veteran,Rusty Wallace fan,and piss poor typist E-MAIL WNUNLEY@USIT.NET