In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bill Clinton helps launch book by gun control activist Sarah Brady

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Bill Clinton helps launch book by gun control activist Sarah Brady The Associated Press3/26/02 9:40 PMNEW YORK (AP) -- Former President Clinton praised the efforts of gun control activist Sarah Brady at a party in Manhattan on Tuesday to celebrate publication of her new book, "A Good Fight." Clinton said Brady's 20-year campaign to keep guns out of the hands of criminals has "given the gift of life to countless thousands and thousands of Americans." Brady's husband, former White House press secretary James Brady, was wounded in the attempted assassination of President Reagan in 1981. During James Brady's long recovery, the couple began a public campaign for legislation that would place restrictions on the purchase of handguns. Their efforts culminated a decade later during the Clinton administration with the signing of the Brady Law, which requires background checks on gun buyers. "This is pretty incredible. I guess it's like my life," Sarah Brady said. "This life I've had, with ups and downs, has been wonderful." Brady said the Court TV network has contacted her about making a movie based on the book. She said the Brady legislation might never have been passed without Clinton's support. "We would never have reduced gun violence in this country, we would never be where we are today without the support of Bill Clinton," she said. "He's always fought for what he believes in, and for that we have a safer world today." http://www.nj.com/newsflash/jersey/index.ssf?/cgi-free/getstory_ssf.cgi?j0248_BC_NY--Clinton-BradyBook&&news&newsflash-newjersey

Comments

• Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pardon me while I go puke
    PC=BS
  • Options
    Submariner .Submariner . Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DIDNT THE GOV ACCOUNTING OFFICE JUST RELEASE A REPORT THAT FOUND THAT THE BRADY BILL AND THE ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN HAVE HAD NO EFFECT ON GUN CRIME???WHERE IS THIS BIMBO GETTING HER FACTS???
    Truck Driver,Submarine Veteran,Rusty Wallace fan,and piss poor typist E-MAIL WNUNLEY@USIT.NET