In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.357 sig

linetech1linetech1 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Thoughts on the .357 SIG Caliber. Is this a round worth owning? I have heard some impressive ballistics on it.
thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Saw this link over on ATE. It's pretty interesting:
    http://intrencik.com/357sig.htm

Looks like the .357 SIG is a good steel penetrator.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went shooting tonight at my range here in NYC. Nice thing about my club is they have an inventory of several guns available to members. Anyway, I usually shoot my Colt .45 and thier Glock 26, but tonight I shot thier .357 sig. Whoaaaaaaa!!!!![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How accurate is the .357 SIG compared to the 9mm and .40?

How is the stopping power compared to the 9mm or .40?

• Options
    edited November -1
    I bought a .357 Sig barrel for my S&W M&P .40 S&W. What is your opinion of the .357 Sig. Anyone have one? Got it on a deal with several mags for my M&P and could use them for both rounds. I like the M&P and have one in .40 and one in .45 acp. And my son had one in 9mm. They seem reliable, comfortable and accurate.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have owned just about everything out there under the sun. I am considering buying a sig 226 in .357 sig caliber. The 226 like the 229 has a drop in barrel for .40 s&w to change calibers. Do any of you guys know anything of this caliber. accuracy, cost availability, any input into sigs would too be appreciated. linetech1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, this is a stupid question, but how big is the 357 sig bullet compared to a 9mm or 45? I am curious. Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    I converted my Glock 27 from 40 to 357sig and have never looked back. The round has slightly less recoil than the 40 and much more punch.Just do it! You won't be sorry.-Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelNRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    extremely hard hitter, and inherently accurate too. It will be around for a while.
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I have a Glock 32 357 sig with a SS .40 match barrel. I use the 357 sig 90% of the time. It is a sweet round. In the lower grains ie 115, 125, 140 it matches the .357 mag. I have not see the balistics on the 150 plus grains for the 357 sig.
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dearly love my 229, Sigs are one of the finest autos out there. I have it the other way, set up to be a .40 (matching serial numbers on frame and barrel) with an aftermarket .357 barrel. Whichever. Accurate as all get out, cuts ragged one-hole groups, but haven't really seen .357 ammo for much less than about $18/50.
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    As fine a round as it is I am afraid it will follow in the footsteps of the failed 10 mm and the fast failing 400 corbon. We shall see.
  • Options
    jastrjastr Member Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I currently owm a Sig P229 in .357sig... let me put it this way... you couldent buy a better handgun in my opinion. As for the round itself ... I would choose it over any other handgun load available today! light in recoil... Hits like a mack truck!!! Very comparible ballistics wise too the .357 magnum...
    lets all be responsible! shoot a criminal!
  • Options
    MPinkstonMPinkston Member Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When is somebody going to come out with a carbine chambered in 357 sig?
    aguncollector@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Submariner .Submariner . Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THE .40 IS CHEAPER TO TARGET SHOOT WITH AND AS FAR AS KNOCK DOWN THE .40 PUTS MORE ENERGY INTO THE TARGET.THE .357 SIG IS MORE POTENT THAN A NINE MM AND SOME .40 RNDS BUT IF YOU GET THE RIGHT .40 ROUND ITS NOT.ITS ALL ABOUT MASS AND VELOCITY.AS FAR AS THE P-226 GET IT AND THEN GET BOTH BARRELLS.THE SIG IS AN AWESOME GUN AND THE RECOIL IN MY 226 SHOOTING .40'S IS ABOUT THE SAME AS MY HK USP SHOOTING 9MM.AND JUST IN CASE IM WRONG ID LIKE ALL YOU .357 SIG FANS TO TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET A SIDE BY SIDE COMPARSON BECAUSE THE LAST ONE I SAW HAD THE .40 BEATING THE .357 MAG IN ENERGY TO THE TARGET AGAIN IT WAS A HOT .40 RND BUT THEN SO WAS THE .357 IM SURE
    Truck Driver,Submarine Veteran,Rusty Wallace fan,and piss poor typist E-MAIL WNUNLEY@USIT.NET