In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta Vertec

Pistol manPistol man Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Ive narrowed my list down to these four guns. Beretta 92fs, Beretta 96fs, Beretta Vertec 92fs, or the Beretta Vertec 96fs.

Can I change the barrel of a Beretta Vertec 92 or 96fs to the 4.9 inch barrel of the standard Beretta 92 or 96fs? And can the Vertecs accept high cap. mags of the standard Beretta 92 and 96fs?

Any suggestions on which of these four guns I should get and why would help alot.

Edited by - Gene B. on 05/14/2002 17:54:31

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Another trade im looking at is a Beretta 92fs vertec with black finish. It looks practicaly new. Does a Glock 17 for a Beretta vertec sound pretty good?

Ive heard the Army is having alot problems with their Berettas, is that true?

sg_550_neu_gr.jpg

Come and Take it

Dont mess with Texas
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi agian,I just saw the Beretta Vertec a few days ago for the first time. Is this new pistol as reliable and accurate as its brother the Beretta 96? And do you think it can even compare with the famous HK usp .40 in the relability and accuracy. Any info. would be very helful.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do you think you would be able to put a regular beretta 96 barrel on a beretta vertec? The beretta vertecs barrel is a little shorter.
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I doubt that the grip shape will affect reliability. The rest of the Vertec Beretta pistols is the same as the regular grip shape Berettas. The mechansim affects reliability, not the grip shape, unless the grip shape were so changed as to cause a detrimental effect on slide dynamics, etc.. I do not see the minor reshaping of the grip to more closely match the M1911 shape being able to affect reliability.You will not get me into a reliability debate between H-K and Beretta advocates!
  • Options
    Submariner .Submariner . Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JUDGE-NO DEBATE THE SEALS DONT CARRY BERETTA'S,HK
    Truck Driver,Submarine Veteran,Rusty Wallace fan,and piss poor typist E-MAIL WNUNLEY@USIT.NET