In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shot a Sig for the 1st time yesterday

niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
I've been real scarce lately because my brothers moved to town and I've been busy. I took em to the range yesterday and since I only have 2 handguns, I had to rent a 3rd.Rented a Sig 226, 9mm.My God... That thing was INCREDIBLE. I love my Glock and Ruger, but I realize now what yall meant by "no comparison"That gun was incredibly well balanced, very little felt recoil, and shot better than me! It was prone to limp wristing though... It jammed every round when the missus fired it.I GOT TO get a Sig. Thinking about a 229. Can the same pluses be said for the 40 cal? What about the Sigpro2340?
NIKLASAL@hotmail.com

Comments

• sig-mansig-man Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well your hooked now,the 229 is the finest auto-loader handgun that you will ever have the pleasure to own, the felt recoil is even less in the 229, even with the full size calibers like the 40 and 357 sig, because of the solid stainless steel slide,the weight of the slide takes the recoil out, as far as limp wrist jams in a sig, thats a new one on me,maybe since it was a rental it was a bit worn or the mag was malfunctioning, anyway thousands of rounds through my sigs and not even one malfunction. By the way stay away from the sig pro guns alot of felt recoil and I don't trust plastic guns.....
  • Submariner .Submariner . Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAD A SIG PRO 2340,THE .40 S&W VERSION.IT WAS A GOOD GUN.I SOLD IT AND BOUGHT A 226 IN .40,IT IS A GREAT GUN!I LIKE IT BETTER THAN MY HK USP.THE 226 IS THE BIGGER GUN IT IS .5" LONGER THAN THE 229,SIG-MAN DID YOU CONFUSE THE TWO THE 226 IS LONGER AND HEAVIER AINT IT.BOTH SHOULD DO YOU FINE.EVERYONE HAS A FAVORITE BUT OUT OF HK,GLOCK,OR RUGER THE SIG IS DEFINITLY BEST,FOR ME THAT IS.IVE NOT HAD THE PROBLEM OF LIMP WRISTING MY WIFE,MY 9 YR OLD,AND MY 11 YR OLD HAVER ALL SHOT IT WITH NO FEED PROBLEMS.YES MY 9 YEAR OLD SHOT IT IN .40S&W SO THAT SHOULD ALSO TELL YOU THE RECOIL AINT THAT BAD.ONLY GUN I SHOT THAT I THOUGHT WAS AS SMOOTH IN A BIG SELF LOADER WAS A KIMBER.BUY IT SHOOT IT LOVE IT!!
    Truck Driver,Submarine Veteran,Rusty Wallace fan,and piss poor typist E-MAIL WNUNLEY@USIT.NET
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,003 ******
    edited November -1
    Go with the 229 in .40 caliber if if fits your hand. If you have really large hands with big fingers, the 226 may be more in order. If you have small hands and short fingers, opt for the short trigger in either gun.If you buy it in .40 or .357 you can change calibers by switching barrels. Not so with the 9mm.I love my 229. I can make a fella keep his head down at over 100 yards with it.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • jastrjastr Member Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .357sig.... It speaks for itself
    edited November -1
    ok im asking.why the 229 over the 226??arent they the same grip and frame size?i thought the only difference was the 226 was .5 inches longer.if its better than the 226 i might just have to buy one!!
    Truck Driver,Submarine Veteran,Rusty Wallace fan,and piss poor typist E-MAIL WNUNLEY@USIT.NET
  • BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    Nope, the 228 & 229 represent what I call the second generation SIGS. They are much more ergonomic than the earlier models.The models I call first generation are the 220, 225, & 226. The SIG 4 digit models are much more difficult to break down for cleaning purposes thean the 3 digit SIG models. To me they are a waste of money.Boomer
    Protect our Constitutional Rights.
  • niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd prefer to get the 229 because i can buy a drop in barrel to make it 9mm, 40s&w, or 357sig. I don't think you have that flexibiliy with the 226
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
    edited November -1
    you most certainly do!the 226 can interchange the .40 and the .357 barrells.ive not shot a 229 but ive held them never noticed any difference in the grip
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    You asked about the SigPro 2340;comes with 2 gripsets, one smooth rubber and one stippled plastic... shoots 40 and 357Sig by just changing the barrel, VERY accurate in either caliber, unlike the SigMan; I can knock someone down at 100yds., and significantly alter their status out to 225! The 2340 is a full-sized pistol with that famous Sig attention paid to every detail, extra mags are available from Sig (10 rds.) all day long. I got my first 2340 (have three now!!!) for about $470 and couldn't find a 40 s&w barrel till after SOF reviewed it in 357sig. Interestingly enough, Texas LEO's are complimenting Sig on introducing the "Death Ray" 357 round that reliably feeds due to the tapered case and realistic 357 Mag. performance in an autoloader!I think that anytime you can propel a .357 dia., 125 gr. bullet at 6" barrel velocities from a 4"; you've got a pocket rocket!
    If you know it all; you must have been listening.WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do they make it in 9mm?
  • niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, they have it in 9mm. It's called the Sigpro 2009
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
    edited November -1
    I had the 2340 and moved up to the 226.the 2340 is a good gun and as far as plastic goes I liked it better than a glock but not better than the hk usp.I definitly think that a 229 or a 226 would be a step upfrom the pro series,just two cents from somebody who's owned 'em both