In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Oh My Gosh

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
I hit 6 numbers... however it was out of a possible 120 numbers..[V]
No Lootery winner this time

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,010 ******
    edited November -1
    Dave Ramsey says wealthy people, and those trying to become wealthy, don't buy lottery tickets.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dave probably has never been to Vegas.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hit 7 out of 50....[V]
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone who spends more than they can afford to lose is a fool.

One or two tickets now and again is for fun. It's OK to dream.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc

$10 is the most I'll ever buy and I only buy tickets once every couple months. Last time I played was in January.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cubslover G16
    quote:Originally posted by Doc

$10 is the most I'll ever buy and I only buy tickets once every couple months. Last time I played was in January.

I splurged and bought $20. I play only when super lootery's are going on. Balance in SC goes to the education superfund.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I forgot all about it when I was at the store today. I'll have to wait for the next big drawing.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    dave ramsey has run at least one company into the ground.

rich people gamble plenty. the lottery is just another form of gambling.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    dave ramsey has run at least one company into the ground.

rich people gamble plenty. the lottery is just another form of gambling.

It is... when I gamble I play BlackJack. Odds are considerably better.
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Pesos or Dollars Senor s-f ?? [:D]
  • Options
    Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Dave Ramsey says wealthy people, and those trying to become wealthy, don't buy lottery tickets.

I like most of Dave's concepts. In fact, I paid off all debt last year. However, I stopped listening to him because of his sanctimonious attitude. Well, that and the fact that for a long time he kept insisting that it was smart to keep investing in mutual funds, and I think that has been bad advice for a long time. He has also not been a big fan of gold and silver - and the fact is that my gold and silver has out performed his mutual funds over the last 4 years by about 200%. Some investment genious he is.

As for the lottery, Dave evidently doesn't get a big part of it. Yes it is true, too many peopole who can't afford it, buy lottery tickets. I buy 2 every week, and I can afford it. It is a cheap fantasy - you get to spend a few bucks that might otherwise be blown on Starbucks, and you get to go to bed that night knowing that, although the chance is very remote, you may wake up in a whole new world tomorrow. It's a cheap, legal high

Evidently ol' Dave has been listening to his own sermons so long that he has forgotten that dreaming is a big part of life.
  • Options
    ForkliftkingForkliftking Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still have my money so I guess I won. If you guys would have invested that money with me, I would have guaranteed you a 50% payback. [:D]
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spent $2 on tickets. Got 1 number.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The state-run lotteries are nothing more than a voluntary tax on people who can't do math. As a public employee who relies on taxes for my income, in other words a "tax feeder," I sincerely thank you!
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The state-run lotteries are nothing more than a voluntary tax on people who can't do math. As a public employee who relies on taxes for my income, in other words a "tax feeder," I sincerely thank you!

I spent two dollars on lottery tickets yesterday. I feel that you are over paid. Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you!

When I am in the convenience store getting coffee, and I see someone buying a ticket, I always say, "Thank you." Sometimes they get it, and sometimes they don't, but I thank them anyway.

I ain't buying them, but I appreciate when you do.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

+1000
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Our lootery money goes strickly for education. To that I say a big Thank You and so does my wife..[:D]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Our lootery money goes strickly for education. To that I say a big Thank You and so does my wife..[:D]

Yea,.....so does Florida's according to the politicians.
    I see people buying lottery tickets constantly, but for some reason my property tax portion for 'education' continues to rise even in one of the worst economies for awhile.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire

Yea,.....so does Florida's according to the politicians.
    I see people buying lottery tickets constantly, but for some reason my property tax portion for 'education' continues to rise even in one of the worst economies for awhile.

That is because the Teacher's and Administrator's are getting raises... well at least they are here.